HP laptop suddenly asked for bitlocker recovery key after updating on windows 11.

Reported
Anonymous
2022-08-31T21:45:58+00:00

I just updated my laptop and suddenly got a message that I need to enter a recovery key. However, I have never set up a BitLocker recovery key and I think it was enabled through the update which has now locked all of my data. I have a lot of coding that I have saved onto my local drive on the laptop and didn't know this could happen one day. What should I do? Is there any compensation I could get from this? I bought it from BestBuy a year ago.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-22T03:57:28+00:00

    I can't get my laptop to reset

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-08T09:01:40+00:00

    I have also Same?

    question

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-02T19:37:49+00:00

    still sends back to bitlocker even when it's already been entered

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-28T01:05:41+00:00

    I have a Windows 11 Home Edition HP Laptop. Bitlocker isn't even available as an option to manage, yet Bitlocker has been enabled twice. The first time, I tried to follow the 2 step procedure listed previously to no avail and had to wipe. I'm afraid I'll have to wipe again to fix. Is there a permanent fix to this issue coming?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-24T22:47:56+00:00

    Hi

    bios - basic input/output system.

    0 comments No comments