Same here "Black Screen Of Death." I'm using Hasee T8 laptop with Nvidia RTX3060. Still using original driver ver 516.54 released 6/28/2022. I also contacted Nvidia and manufacture, still no response. Nvidia will not support "Hybrid Power Management" from other manufactures, so they just ignore the end user. Nvidia will tells us to get the drivers from our laptop manufacture. Most manufacture turns off the CPU's Intergrated GPU. This to reduce power consumption and use their own hybrid power management. This also allow manufacture to use higher refresh rates from the discrete GPU. Please let both Nvidia and the Manufactures know the issues and hope they provide a fix.
Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.
I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the loading logo. I've ran through a good bit of troubleshooting, reinstalled windows multiple times and even brought my pc to a shop to get the hardware checked. The couldn't find what the issue was and I haven't found anyone who might know. I have a 3090ti gpu, ryzen 9 processor, 1000 watt power supply, 64 ram and a tuf gamming plus wifi motherboard. It anyone knows how to fix this that would be great!
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2023-03-09T15:14:10+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-03-10T03:51:07+00:00 you must contact nvidia support as well https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/support/. Create an account, describe the problem and you will be asked to submit some files for system analysis. I did it already but the more users do it the faster the problem will be solved. Use a light torch to submit system data from bad driver state, because the driver disables only the backlight of the screen, not the data transfer. The problem is not the hybrid power mode, the new driver does not properly recognize laptop lcd screen on notebooks connected directly to nvidia cards. This is a driver bug and nvidia is responsible for correction, not the manufacture.
-
Anonymous
2023-03-10T20:21:17+00:00 So what's the term "WHQL" certification means if Microsoft allows this? Yes I'm very aware of Nvidia and AMD that they disclose statements that we have to go through the manufacture to get updates and they do not support other manufactures hybrid power feature. This is poor escape clause and allow the manufacture to stop supporting drivers for their products? Because, at times it requires a bios update as well. Crypto miners don't care because they brick the firmware and recode to turn everything into BOTS. Back in my earlier days in the military back when using NT4.0, we had to lock down all servers and clients so that nothing could be modified nor added without proper authorization.
-
Anonymous
2023-03-11T15:14:01+00:00 I hope this help. After looking back on older laptops i own both Dell and HP. Normally the Discrete GPU and the Integrated are both turn on in Bios. Provided you have the right CPU that has integrated GPU. Today some manufacture turn it off and only use the 3rd party discrete GPU. Today I'm going to discuss the Intel and Nvidia BLACK SCREEN laptop issue and not AMD.
Create a restore point and recover USB drive just in case you have to go back.
- Both GPU should be turn on in Bios. Hybrid mode.
- Install the latest Intel Ires Xe Graphics driver (if it fails to install first time try again)
- In Nivida Graphics Control Center make sure the PhysX should be in (Auto mode)
- Install the latest Nvidia Graphics driver for Laptop (If it fails to install first time try again or select repair.)
-
Anonymous
2023-03-28T23:38:16+00:00 I just legit had the same issue cept I'm using a 3070ti FE