Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

Anonymous
2022-09-27T22:50:49+00:00

I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the loading logo. I've ran through a good bit of troubleshooting, reinstalled windows multiple times and even brought my pc to a shop to get the hardware checked. The couldn't find what the issue was and I haven't found anyone who might know. I have a 3090ti gpu, ryzen 9 processor, 1000 watt power supply, 64 ram and a tuf gamming plus wifi motherboard. It anyone knows how to fix this that would be great!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-12-26T11:29:13+00:00

    I got the same issue with a 4090 reinstalling the latest and greatest driver did nothing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-12-28T08:55:10+00:00

    I am having the same problem with a brand new machine. Luckily I created a restore point as soon as the thing booted for the first time so I can just keep going back to that. But it is extremely frustrating. NVIDIA should be way ahead of this by now... probably too busy convincing us to buy 4090s

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-12-31T11:08:33+00:00

    Hey guys,

    I've found a fix! My RTX 2080 TI had a custom bios for OC needs. After I've flashed the original BIOS newest driver installed successfully.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-05T15:51:16+00:00

    But how do I do that if I can’t see anything cos my screen is black?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-07T10:50:10+00:00

    nvidia issued a new driver 528.02, it the release note mentioned the fixed issue for laptops with brightness. But i still have the same issue on my laptop. Only drivers 522.30 and earlier are working for me. Did the driver 528.02 fix the issue for your laptop?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments