Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

Anonymous
2022-09-27T22:50:49+00:00

I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the loading logo. I've ran through a good bit of troubleshooting, reinstalled windows multiple times and even brought my pc to a shop to get the hardware checked. The couldn't find what the issue was and I haven't found anyone who might know. I have a 3090ti gpu, ryzen 9 processor, 1000 watt power supply, 64 ram and a tuf gamming plus wifi motherboard. It anyone knows how to fix this that would be great!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-11-17T04:11:15+00:00

    SOLUTION!!!

    I went directly to the Nvidia website (https://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx) and downloaded, did a clean installation and now I'm all set. Hope this works for you! Using the GeForce Experience app messed up my computer to the point where I'd have to use a USB drive to restore my computer every time. The app is garbage. Do it yourself, it works the same and has the same prompts, and is much faster this way.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-11-14T15:45:37+00:00

    I have the same damn problem. Shame on nvidia for not fixing this issue quicker. 🤬 over 2 months now and nothing is beeing done. ****

    I have a brand new machine to 200k philipine piso. So machibe should be more than ok. Alot more than ok

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-11-07T07:15:31+00:00

    I am facing same issue. My system is Threadripper 3570x CPU, Gigabyte TRX40 WiFi Pro mobo. I have 4 GPUs. 1 AMD 6800, and 3 Nvidia 2060 Super, 3070 and 3080 Ti. When I install AMD driver for GPU, system runs without any issue. However, when I install Nvidia driver (ver 522 or 526), during driver installation screen goes black and never returns back. After hard rebooting the system, computer freezes at Windows logo and never recovers. I tried all my Nvidia GPUs one by one, I tried reinstalling Nvidia drivers after uninstalling it with DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller), but no success. After disconnecting Nvidia GPU, system runs smoothly with AMD GPU with its Adrenaline driver.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-09-29T09:48:52+00:00

    Hello damon,

    According to the information you provided, this is the latest video card driver provided by NVIDA at present. If you can use it normally, the problem will only appear after installing this driver. I recommend you not to install this driver temporarily, maybe there are some compatibility problems with this driver at present.

    You can also feedback to NVIDA customer service and ask if they can provide you with any other help.

    Best regards,

    Mitchell - | Microsoft community support expert from MSFT

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-09-28T17:27:45+00:00

    I downloaded the

    Version: 517.48 WHQL

    Release Date: 2022.9.27

    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 11

    Language: English (US)

    File Size: 787.63 MB

    For Nvidia .

    I currently have the Microsoft Display running. Any other driver results in black screen.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments