I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the loading logo. I've ran through a good bit of troubleshooting, reinstalled windows multiple times and even brought my pc to a shop to get the hardware checked. The couldn't find what the issue was and I haven't found anyone who might know. I have a 3090ti gpu, ryzen 9 processor, 1000 watt power supply, 64 ram and a tuf gamming plus wifi motherboard. It anyone knows how to fix this that would be great!
The same with Nvidia drivers starting from version 526.47 and newer (the latest try with 526.98 ) on XMG Apex 15 laptop with ryzen 9 3900 cpu rtx 2070. On both windows 10 and 11 pro, even after complete clean install of os. During driver installation the screen turns itself off and remains black. Rolling back to 522.30 driver in safe mode resolves the issue.