Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

Anonymous
2022-09-27T22:50:49+00:00

I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the loading logo. I've ran through a good bit of troubleshooting, reinstalled windows multiple times and even brought my pc to a shop to get the hardware checked. The couldn't find what the issue was and I haven't found anyone who might know. I have a 3090ti gpu, ryzen 9 processor, 1000 watt power supply, 64 ram and a tuf gamming plus wifi motherboard. It anyone knows how to fix this that would be great!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-12-06T01:26:25+00:00

    I'm having the same issue as everyone except I uninstalled all drivers and reinstalled windows 11 from the "reset this PC" under recovery and I'm STILL getting this black screen. Is my system just permanently messed up? I initially installed the update through GeForce Experience. I thought that uninstalling everything and reinstalling windows would at least let me get back to normal boot. But I have to boot through BIOS every time.

    3080 Ti on windows 11

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-12-03T14:10:22+00:00

    still the same with mine laptop. Even with 527.37 version

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-11-29T04:54:34+00:00

    good for you. It still does not solve my issue woth drivers 526.47 and higher.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-11-27T21:41:57+00:00

    Thank you for all the help. It was the gpu extender. It was faulty from the factory so they sent me a new one and it's working great now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-11-27T17:07:48+00:00

    I have been having the same issues with a brand new Hasee T8 laptop (RTX 3060); old drivers seem to work fine, but the screen goes black once installed. My eagle-eyed kid noticed that there IS something going on in the background on the laptop display; when plugging in a separate monitor, it works and you can see the very faint outlines on the laptop display itself. It is like a 99% black shade is thrown over the screen. It is not a brightness issue or power saving issue - it absolutely occurs with the driver. Using the monitor, I've rolled back the drivers multiple times and BAM, display works again.

    Talk about really frustrating with a brand new system...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments