Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

Anonymous
2022-09-27T22:50:49+00:00

I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the loading logo. I've ran through a good bit of troubleshooting, reinstalled windows multiple times and even brought my pc to a shop to get the hardware checked. The couldn't find what the issue was and I haven't found anyone who might know. I have a 3090ti gpu, ryzen 9 processor, 1000 watt power supply, 64 ram and a tuf gamming plus wifi motherboard. It anyone knows how to fix this that would be great!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-12-26T11:29:13+00:00

    I got the same issue with a 4090 reinstalling the latest and greatest driver did nothing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-12-18T17:20:01+00:00

    If you have the option on your screen, change the input to enhanced VRR.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-12-11T13:45:09+00:00

    Never got a resolve but there are rare occasions when i restart my PC it boots fine. At this point i believe my system is permanently screwed but ill continue to troubleshoot. At least I can still get in after BIOS and its not a black screen period.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-12-10T13:51:47+00:00

    Extremely frustrating. 3060 laptop GPU, i9 chipset, fresh out of the box ran the updates. "Ding" and black screen. Gave it half an hour to be safe, hard reset then after "loading" bios screen, "ding" and black screen. 3x reboot to get advanced repair startup, Rolled Back in startup options, works fine.

    Tried to update via just the driver from the site. Nope, rinse repeat.

    Tried to uninstall all and reinstall latest. Nope rinse repeat.

    With DDU clean uninstall? Nope.

    From safe mode? Nope.

    5.16.40 is the latest I can get to install from safe mode with the direct download package (not GeForce experience). But I'm just frustrated.

    This has been happening since mid-November (currently Dec 10 now). So....yeah.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-12-07T06:32:17+00:00

    I have the same issue too. Anyone figured out a fix?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments