I have the same issue: after uninstalling old Geforce Rtx 2080 Super (laptop) driver to reinstall a new version, my screen turns black. Only way to get out if it is to go into safe mode and uninstall the new driver. This is the case with a lot of the different versions. Can't find my old version in their archives. Tried updating BIOS. Now going to try to get Windows 11 Update. Ugh. Laptop is from 2020, ****?
Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.
I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the loading logo. I've ran through a good bit of troubleshooting, reinstalled windows multiple times and even brought my pc to a shop to get the hardware checked. The couldn't find what the issue was and I haven't found anyone who might know. I have a 3090ti gpu, ryzen 9 processor, 1000 watt power supply, 64 ram and a tuf gamming plus wifi motherboard. It anyone knows how to fix this that would be great!
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2023-02-13T09:08:20+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-02-12T23:58:43+00:00 Yep, could well be any of these, try the basics before you start messing in the bios.
-
Anonymous
2023-02-12T19:27:50+00:00 That can actually be related to the BIOS, GPU firmware, or the OS driver along with the monitor connection or monitor used. People can have black screen issues from any one of those.
-
Anonymous
2023-02-12T10:04:17+00:00 Have you set your monitor to VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) or if not supported, check the Refresh rate and resolution match the monitors.
-
Anonymous
2023-02-11T22:10:53+00:00 Having the same issue with 4070ti on version 528.02. Brand new build is a very expensive paperweight. No far nvidia and gigabyte support have offered up no solutions.
Having the same issue too, when I'm trying to install 528.49 with my 3060 legion laptop. The screen just went black and retained black only if I went into safe mode and uninstalled that driver, now I'm using 518 version. Hope they can fix it soon.