Same here "Black Screen Of Death." I'm using Hasee T8 laptop with Nvidia RTX3060. Still using original driver ver 516.54 released 6/28/2022. I also contacted Nvidia and manufacture, still no response. Nvidia will not support "Hybrid Power Management" from other manufactures, so they just ignore the end user. Nvidia will tells us to get the drivers from our laptop manufacture. Most manufacture turns off the CPU's Intergrated GPU. This to reduce power consumption and use their own hybrid power management. This also allow manufacture to use higher refresh rates from the discrete GPU. Please let both Nvidia and the Manufactures know the issues and hope they provide a fix.
Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.
I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the loading logo. I've ran through a good bit of troubleshooting, reinstalled windows multiple times and even brought my pc to a shop to get the hardware checked. The couldn't find what the issue was and I haven't found anyone who might know. I have a 3090ti gpu, ryzen 9 processor, 1000 watt power supply, 64 ram and a tuf gamming plus wifi motherboard. It anyone knows how to fix this that would be great!
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2023-03-09T15:14:10+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-03-09T00:33:47+00:00 **** lol, I can use my 6800H integrated graphics to start the windows and reinstall the Nvidia graphic driver. BTW, I tried the latest version, still doesn't work.
-
Anonymous
2023-03-04T06:17:38+00:00 a small tip. It is only the backlight of the screen, that does not work with new drivers. You can use a bright torch to see the image on the screen and to reinstall the older drivers.
-
Anonymous
2023-03-03T21:20:06+00:00 didn't try it and don't know if I should, because it takes a lot of time to uninstall and reinstall the graphic driver. maybe I'll give it a try when I'm in good mood.
-
Anonymous
2023-03-02T20:54:10+00:00 does it work with new 531.18 driver?