Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

Anonymous
2022-09-27T22:50:49+00:00

I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the loading logo. I've ran through a good bit of troubleshooting, reinstalled windows multiple times and even brought my pc to a shop to get the hardware checked. The couldn't find what the issue was and I haven't found anyone who might know. I have a 3090ti gpu, ryzen 9 processor, 1000 watt power supply, 64 ram and a tuf gamming plus wifi motherboard. It anyone knows how to fix this that would be great!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-09-28T05:39:16+00:00

    Hello damon,

    Welcome to Microsoft Community.

    Can you tell me which version of NVIDA video card driver you are trying to install? If the black screen only appears after you install the latest driver, the problem is most likely in the NVIDA provided video card driver.

    I understand that you have tried to reinstall the system many times and contacted the after-sales support, but I believe that there is no problem with your equipment hardware.

    If anything is unclear, please do not hesitate to let me know.

    Best regards,

    Mitchell - | Microsoft community support expert from MSFT

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments