I didn't do anything related to BIOS, and I think this is the problem which manufacturer should deal with soon, not only me have this problem.....
Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.
I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the loading logo. I've ran through a good bit of troubleshooting, reinstalled windows multiple times and even brought my pc to a shop to get the hardware checked. The couldn't find what the issue was and I haven't found anyone who might know. I have a 3090ti gpu, ryzen 9 processor, 1000 watt power supply, 64 ram and a tuf gamming plus wifi motherboard. It anyone knows how to fix this that would be great!
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2023-02-18T23:30:28+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-02-18T23:27:30+00:00 I will give it a try but Idk if it's because of the refresh rate, I can start the laptop with my 6800H integrated GPU but not with 3060,
-
Anonymous
2023-02-18T23:22:08+00:00 I keep using the old version grphics driver, and it seems fine now. I won't update until I know for sure they have fixed it, my laptop is Lenovo Legion 5 pro 3060, amd 6800H
-
Anonymous
2023-02-14T03:58:51+00:00 i am not sure about them fixing it soon or at all. I have been having this issue since version 526x, well since october 2022 on my laptop with rtx 2070. I already contacted Nvidia support and submitted all the required diagnostic files and it still has not been fixed by now.
-
Anonymous
2023-02-13T09:08:20+00:00 I have the same issue: after uninstalling old Geforce Rtx 2080 Super (laptop) driver to reinstall a new version, my screen turns black. Only way to get out if it is to go into safe mode and uninstall the new driver. This is the case with a lot of the different versions. Can't find my old version in their archives. Tried updating BIOS. Now going to try to get Windows 11 Update. Ugh. Laptop is from 2020, ****?