One thing that just occurred to me while writing to Realtek.. if I use BT to connect to my speakers, is the Realtek audio driver even used?
Going to try using my NVIDIA audio out for a bit, see if that has the same issue.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I recently started having an audio issue a few days ago, where when I have music playing (either on Spotify or Youtube) and I open the Windows Explorer to view files, open an application, hover over buttons or folders in the Explorer, or do anything on my computer, the audio sometimes pops and crackles, reacting to my mouse movements/actions. It also happens when I'm only listening to music and not moving my mouse. It will crackle maybe once every 2-3 minutes. I've gone through several websites and conducted steps to diagnose my problem, such as:
The only thing I can think of that changed with my computer is that I swapped out my graphics card (from a GTX 980 TI to RTX 2080) about a month before the crackling started. I didn't touch anything around the audio jack pin connectors and the PSU supports the increase in graphics processing power.
I'm out of ideas to try, so I'm hoping someone can give me some further advice.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
One thing that just occurred to me while writing to Realtek.. if I use BT to connect to my speakers, is the Realtek audio driver even used?
Going to try using my NVIDIA audio out for a bit, see if that has the same issue.
Just wanted to add my own voice to this problem, running Windows 11 with the exact same issue.
I note that for me when windows starts if I hear a pop at the start of the Windows startup, then it's a good sign that audio is going to be a problem today.
Question for everyone: Are you all using Realtek sound controllers and drivers?
Things I have tried that don't fix it:
I was about to buy a USB audio "card" but I see that someone else tried that.
One thing I am unsure about is why there are Realtek drivers from Microsoft for the Audio inputs and outputs section in Device Manager, and Realtek drivers under Sound, video and game controllers. I wonder if this driver mismatch is part of the issue?
Going to try reaching out to Realtek to see if they can help. It's one of those problems that is annoying enough to warrant spending time trying to fix it, but small enough to feel like such a waste of time doing so with no real answers from anyone who can actually understand what is going on software and/or hardware wise (I am 99% sure it's driver related).
Me too! When I'm running Audacity (for audio recording) and its set back my work considerably. I've tried going into the HP site to download the Realtek audio drivers and High Def, then restarting. But no change. Grrr! I have Latency Mon. and notoriously records each session as Audio or Hardware failures conflicting with card or graphics DPC.
I am at a loss! Any solutions???
Message to everyone here: attempt turning off "Windows Fast Startup"
The fact that my audio worked after a restart wasnt a coincidence. It turned out this garbage windows option decided to check itself on after an update and was the absolute villain responsible for the months of irritation.
Turning this off has 1000000% fixed this disgusting issue permanently and it has not made an appearance since.
have the same issue.
My setup has run silk smooth since jan. 2022.
Not sure wether it began when i installed asus dual OC 3060 TI
or if there can be as simple as 1 connector that is a liuttle lose or anything HARDWARE related, as i just switched cabinet
(all same components xept GPU)
is there any solution????
Summary
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
AMD K19
AMD K19
AMD K19
AMD K19
AMD K19
AMD K19
AMD K19
AMD K19
AMD K19
AMD K19
AMD K19
AMD K19
AMD K19
AMD K19
AMD K19
AMD K19
RAM
40,0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1199MHz (16-18-18-39)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF GAMING B550-PRO (AM4) 36 °C
Graphics
LC32G5xT (2560x1440@144Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc) 54 °C
Storage
3726GB Western Digital WDC WD40EZRZ-75GXCB0 (SATA ) 27 °C
1907GB Patriot P210 2TB (SATA (SSD)) 23 °C
465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000BEVT-22A0RT0 (SATA ) 27 °C
232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SATA (SSD)) 28 °C
1907GB Patriot P210 2048GB (SATA (SSD)) 30 °C
7452GB Seagate ST8000DM004-2U9188 (SATA ) 36 °C
3725GB Western Digital WD My Passport 25E2 USB Device (USB (SATA) (SSD)) 27 °C
7452GB Seagate Backup+ Hub BK SCSI Disk Device (USB (SATA) ) 41 °C
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Computer type: Desktop
Installation Date: 22.01.2022 09:46:39
Serial Number: TY4CG-JDJH7-VJ2WF-DY4X9-HCFC6
Windows Security Center
User Account Control (UAC) Enabled
Notify level 1 - Rare Notify
Windows Update
AutoUpdate Not configured
Windows Defender
Windows Defender Disabled
Firewall
Firewall Enabled
Display Name Bitdefender Firewall
Antivirus
Bitdefender Antivirus
Antivirus Enabled
Virus Signature Database Up to date
Windows Defender
Antivirus Disabled
Virus Signature Database Up to date