I'm looking at Focus assist in the settings and in the top panel the first thing is "off" the others are blank.
Below in "Automatic rules", of the five, the first one is "Off", the others are "On".
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I'm using Windows 10 and Windows 11 on my computers and I use notification sounds because I'm often using a full screen obscuring three tabs I also have open.
I have the same notification sounds on my Win 11 computer as on my Win 10 laptop.
The laptop sound when an email arrives is perfect on the laptop but on the Win11 desktop there's a tone before half of the notification sound. Very occasionally if an email has just arrived and another comes shortly after the notification sound is perfect but sometimes when the second arrives there's no sound at all.
I've tried all sorts of alterations to the sounds settings but can't "fix" it.
Has anyone got any ideas please?
I've picked "settings" but would "Desktop, start and personalization" be more appropriate?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I'm looking at Focus assist in the settings and in the top panel the first thing is "off" the others are blank.
Below in "Automatic rules", of the five, the first one is "Off", the others are "On".
I've got to nip off for an hour, BBL.
Check over the Mail App Notification sounds:
I use gmail on both computers. As far as I can see, both have the same notification setting and the same sounds.
One difference between Win 10 and Win 11 (on my computers) is that when I go to All apps and click "Mail" on the Win 10 M/C I can go to "settings" and find "Notifications" but on the Win 11 M/C when I go to "All apps" and click "mail" I get "Welcome to mail" with "add your accounts to keep up to date across devices". Should I have done something there?
Remember, I'm getting the notifications, I'm getting sound but it's not the "proper" sound = "ring 10". What I get is a short tone then half the proper sound.