Notification sounds

Anonymous
2022-06-24T18:39:12+00:00

I'm using Windows 10 and Windows 11 on my computers and I use notification sounds because I'm often using a full screen obscuring three tabs I also have open.

I have the same notification sounds on my Win 11 computer as on my Win 10 laptop.

The laptop sound when an email arrives is perfect on the laptop but on the Win11 desktop there's a tone before half of the notification sound. Very occasionally if an email has just arrived and another comes shortly after the notification sound is perfect but sometimes when the second arrives there's no sound at all.

I've tried all sorts of alterations to the sounds settings but can't "fix" it.

Has anyone got any ideas please?

I've picked "settings" but would "Desktop, start and personalization" be more appropriate?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-06-24T19:57:52+00:00

    Check over the Mail App Notification sounds:

    https://windowsreport.com/mail-app-notification...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-06-24T19:50:56+00:00

    I've got to nip off for an hour, BBL.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-06-24T19:48:56+00:00

    I'm looking at Focus assist in the settings and in the top panel the first thing is "off" the others are blank.

    Below in "Automatic rules", of the five, the first one is "Off", the others are "On".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-06-24T19:43:02+00:00

    Click that button until it says Off. It should have 3 choices.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-06-24T19:37:19+00:00

    Yes, I get the pop-up for a new mail as well as the sound I described in my OP. (The pop-up has "Microsoft Edge" on it.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments