Thank you, I've just checked the notification settings and they're all checked "on".
When I use the Windows key + A the moon symbol is showing but I'm not clear on what that means, off or on???
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I'm using Windows 10 and Windows 11 on my computers and I use notification sounds because I'm often using a full screen obscuring three tabs I also have open.
I have the same notification sounds on my Win 11 computer as on my Win 10 laptop.
The laptop sound when an email arrives is perfect on the laptop but on the Win11 desktop there's a tone before half of the notification sound. Very occasionally if an email has just arrived and another comes shortly after the notification sound is perfect but sometimes when the second arrives there's no sound at all.
I've tried all sorts of alterations to the sounds settings but can't "fix" it.
Has anyone got any ideas please?
I've picked "settings" but would "Desktop, start and personalization" be more appropriate?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thank you, I've just checked the notification settings and they're all checked "on".
When I use the Windows key + A the moon symbol is showing but I'm not clear on what that means, off or on???
Hi VU. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.
I notice you said you've tried all the Sound settings, but how about the System > Notification settings, all boxes checked, then scroll down to double click to open the App to adjust the deeper settings?
If so then check the Action Center at far right end of taskbar or via Windows Key + A. Is Focus Assist enabled at all, as this will block notifications while you're in full screen games and apps? More about this featuer here: https://www.itechtics.com/focus-assist-windows-10/ including if you can't turn it off here :https://www.thewindowsclub.com/cannot-turn-off-... ((Avoid ad links which intrude into editorial copy, especially avoid Restoro, PC Repair Tool and Reimage ads)
Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.
______________________________________________
Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.
Have you not got win notification on, and the settings adjusted as you require, as there would be a pop up notice for any new mail?