If you want to report this bug to Microsoft you may be able to help improve this product/experience by using the Feedback Hub in Start Menu. While they will probably not see this here in the forums, Microsoft developers DO read feedback from customers that comes in via the Feedback Hub, so that is a great way to share your thoughts on how to better serve you as a customer.
Notification sounds
I'm using Windows 10 and Windows 11 on my computers and I use notification sounds because I'm often using a full screen obscuring three tabs I also have open.
I have the same notification sounds on my Win 11 computer as on my Win 10 laptop.
The laptop sound when an email arrives is perfect on the laptop but on the Win11 desktop there's a tone before half of the notification sound. Very occasionally if an email has just arrived and another comes shortly after the notification sound is perfect but sometimes when the second arrives there's no sound at all.
I've tried all sorts of alterations to the sounds settings but can't "fix" it.
Has anyone got any ideas please?
I've picked "settings" but would "Desktop, start and personalization" be more appropriate?
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2022-06-29T16:17:22+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-06-29T08:03:56+00:00 I think there's a bug in the sounds from what I've read. I'll put up with the sound I've got now.
-
Anonymous
2022-06-28T23:38:27+00:00 We tried every possible fix for your problem. It's a small notifications glitch.
-
Anonymous
2022-06-28T23:18:15+00:00 Thank you but I don't feel inclined to mess about with the install as it seems everything works OK except the notification sounds and since I changed the sound, although it's not perfect, it's better than it was.
I'd also looked over some sites but found no-one with any personal experience relating to or fixing my actual "problem".
-
Anonymous
2022-06-28T22:09:24+00:00 That's a general checklist to go over Windows so you know the underlying quality of your install, which is what matters most in WIndows 10 and 11.
If you don't want to go over it then that's fine. It was just a last resort system integrity check.