Sometimes it is a better idea to use wired devices. If you use other way you depend on updates. I have connected wired devices and solve more stable solution as I thought it is device issue and connection.
Speech Diagnostric Calibrate Error 0x80004003
I tried to setup a microphone for my PC. I got an error from settings -> time language -> microphone start, for Speech Diagnostic Calibrate Error.
OS: Windows 11 Pro
Error:
path: C:\Windows\Diagnostics\Index\SpeechDiagnostic.xml,
error code: 0x80004003 E_POINTER invalid pointer,
comment: elevated ( admin privilege )
It does not recognize speech, but it can record from a microphone with "windows voice recorder."
Please tell me how to fix the microphone error.
Thanks.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2022-07-28T14:40:35+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-08-01T17:06:31+00:00 I have had the same problem. I thought it was limited to Skype calls but after carrying out diagnostic tests in Settings and also using Dell troubleshooting I realised it was the laptop microphone (hardware or software) not the Skype app. I followed Microsoft's instructions to find and uninstall the security update that ended in 699 (I think) and it was not listed.
I have rebooted and run troubleshooters over the past week with no luck.
After trying everything today, I downloaded and installed KB5015878 (dated July 26th 2022) . After rebooting, the microphone works. Long may it last.
-
Anonymous
2022-08-10T04:12:38+00:00 When I went to uninstall update, the update was not listed in any category, even though it showed that I had received it. I am going to try and install KB5015878 as the other person had my same problem and said that this fixed his issue... I will update...
-
Anonymous
2022-09-11T00:29:03+00:00 Unable to Uninstaller kb5014699. I go to the Uninstaller window, as described, and it does not appear there but shows in history as updated in June.