Speech Diagnostric Calibrate Error 0x80004003

Anonymous
2022-06-16T11:02:04+00:00

I tried to setup a microphone for my PC. I got an error from settings -> time language -> microphone start, for Speech Diagnostic Calibrate Error.

OS: Windows 11 Pro

Error:

path: C:\Windows\Diagnostics\Index\SpeechDiagnostic.xml,

error code: 0x80004003 E_POINTER invalid pointer,

comment: elevated ( admin privilege )

It does not recognize speech, but it can record from a microphone with "windows voice recorder."

Please tell me how to fix the microphone error.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-01T05:45:07+00:00

    I also have only the 2 updates (KB5014668 and KB5013889) and yet I am still experiencing the error message.

    I have a bluetooth headphones set-up, but it seems that only the speaker is working for my earpiece. The mic on the headphones doesn't seem to work when paired with my Win 11 laptop, but it works on a different device.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-06-30T12:57:18+00:00

    I cannot find this KB5014699
    I only have KB5014668 and KB5013889

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-06-27T01:39:01+00:00

    Hi

    I am having the same problem in windows 11 Time and language> Microphone >Set up your mic for speech recognition >Get Started section. I dont find the updated you told to uninstall in Windows 11 (KB5014697). Please help

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-06-27T01:24:15+00:00

    Hi Jade Cowsky,

    KB5013942 is the update launched on May 10, this update has not received the function service related to the microphone after installation, I think you can keep this update.

    Best Regards,

    Manson | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-06-26T20:37:15+00:00

    I have the same issues. Rather than execute steps that may not be effective, I will await an update that fixes the problems for once and all times. Kindly put such on the priority list.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments