Speech Diagnostric Calibrate Error 0x80004003

Anonymous
2022-06-16T11:02:04+00:00

I tried to setup a microphone for my PC. I got an error from settings -> time language -> microphone start, for Speech Diagnostic Calibrate Error.

OS: Windows 11 Pro

Error:

path: C:\Windows\Diagnostics\Index\SpeechDiagnostic.xml,

error code: 0x80004003 E_POINTER invalid pointer,

comment: elevated ( admin privilege )

It does not recognize speech, but it can record from a microphone with "windows voice recorder."

Please tell me how to fix the microphone error.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-27T19:05:49+00:00

    Hello,

    In Windows 11 I just installed latest update KB5015882, and I can confirm that after installing this update the option to setup speech recognition is back. Well.... it's back... but if I actually run the speech recognition setup and it lets me speak the sentence "Peter talks to his computer. He prefers it to typing, and particularly prefers it to pen and paper." nothing happens!

    I did check and confirm that my mic is being detected, with sufficient volume, hence could not be the issue.

    Anyone else that can confirm the update fixes the error but is not able to run the setup successfully, like me?

    Any fix for this?

    Regards,

    Marcel

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-21T08:21:40+00:00

    ****Windows 10, version 20H2 reached end of service on May 10, 2022, for devices running the Home, Pro, Pro Education, and Pro for Workstations editions. After May 10, 2022, these devices will no longer receive monthly security and quality updates that contain protection from the latest security threats. To continue receiving security and quality updates, Microsoft recommends updating to the latest version of Windows 10 or Windows 11.

    We will continue to service the following editions: Windows 10 Enterprise and Education, Windows 10 IoT Enterprise, Windows 10 Enterprise multi-session, Windows 10 on Surface Hub, and Windows Server, version 20H2.

    Important: Use EKB KB5003791 to update to Windows 10, version 21H2.

    I do not see KB500379X

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-21T01:55:48+00:00

    Hi Manson,

    I appreciate your support.

    But, we need your knowledge for a broader audience.

    In my case, the update KB5014699 is not listed under the Uninstall Update.

    I can see the KB5014699 update under Quality Updates, which doesn't have the option to uninstall that particular update.

    So, we need an alternate solution and we are looking forward to your reply.

    Viky

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-19T18:37:15+00:00

    I'm currently having issues with my microphone (I use my microphone often), it's not picking up anything I don't know why, so usually I go to the troubleshooter "Find and Fix Problems with Speech" I then open the for mentioned trouble shooter and run it, the troubleshooter stops and says an error has occurred, so I look further to see that it is an error 0x80004003. I don't understand what is going on and why it won't let me the troubleshooter, other troubleshooters work besides the one I mentioned if someone could help me, as I've been looking around on the internet but really couldn't find anything, thanks.
    Also, I did recently delete some of my temp files so if it is because of that should I factory reset or? And also, I can't update to any prior versions of windows, and I did check if there were any updates and no I can't update at all. Hopefully you can help me out, thanks

    OS: Windows 10

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-07-18T20:47:04+00:00

    In my case, after uninstalling the offending win 10 update and rebooting, I no longer get the error, and after proceeding through the get started workflow and microphone troubleshooting steps, I've now confirmed dictation is working using the dictation toolbar via Win + H.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments