Speech Diagnostric Calibrate Error 0x80004003

Anonymous
2022-06-16T11:02:04+00:00

I tried to setup a microphone for my PC. I got an error from settings -> time language -> microphone start, for Speech Diagnostic Calibrate Error.

OS: Windows 11 Pro

Error:

path: C:\Windows\Diagnostics\Index\SpeechDiagnostic.xml,

error code: 0x80004003 E_POINTER invalid pointer,

comment: elevated ( admin privilege )

It does not recognize speech, but it can record from a microphone with "windows voice recorder."

Please tell me how to fix the microphone error.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-06-24T04:10:42+00:00

    Thank you very much for your feedback, I would like to confirm which software you use for voice chat?

    Your problem may not be caused by this update, I will try to reproduce the problem using the same software.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-06-24T03:02:21+00:00

    Okay, I have uninstalled update KB5014699, restarted, and hidden it, the troubleshooter no longer gives me the error, so that's good, unfortunately my device is still unable to hear any audio I try to record or hear me when i speak in voice chats.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-06-24T01:16:10+00:00

    Hi RohamPatek,

    Welcome to Microsoft Community.

    As with other customer issues I have posted, the update that may be problematic in Windows 10 is KB5014699. You can uninstall it in Windows 10 by following the steps below.

    1. Click on the start menu on the taskbar to enter settings
    2. Open Update and Security, click Update History
    3. Then click Uninstall Update, it will go to the "Uninstall Update" window, please find KB5014699 and click "Uninstall"
    4. Restart the computer to confirm if the microphone problem is solve

    Which browser do you use to open the "Hide Windows Update" tool? Here I test using Microsoft Edge (102.0.1245.44) can open and download, if you use other browsers open can not download, I suggest trying Microsoft Edge.

     Let us know if it works

    Best Regards,

    Manson | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-06-23T19:12:26+00:00

    I am having the same issue on windows 10, and the closest similar update file I could find was KB5014699 (which is a security update according to the uninstall an update window), could this be the same file that is causing the problem, but for windows 10 instead? Also, the link you included just opens and closes a tab, I imagine it is supposed to download something, but it is not and I'm not sure why.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-06-22T21:11:18+00:00

    Same issue. Happened after I upgraded my windows 11 home to pro. I must have working speech recognition. Help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments