I have the same issues. Rather than execute steps that may not be effective, I will await an update that fixes the problems for once and all times. Kindly put such on the priority list.
Speech Diagnostric Calibrate Error 0x80004003
I tried to setup a microphone for my PC. I got an error from settings -> time language -> microphone start, for Speech Diagnostic Calibrate Error.
OS: Windows 11 Pro
Error:
path: C:\Windows\Diagnostics\Index\SpeechDiagnostic.xml,
error code: 0x80004003 E_POINTER invalid pointer,
comment: elevated ( admin privilege )
It does not recognize speech, but it can record from a microphone with "windows voice recorder."
Please tell me how to fix the microphone error.
Thanks.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2022-06-26T20:37:15+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-07-01T05:45:07+00:00 I also have only the 2 updates (KB5014668 and KB5013889) and yet I am still experiencing the error message.
I have a bluetooth headphones set-up, but it seems that only the speaker is working for my earpiece. The mic on the headphones doesn't seem to work when paired with my Win 11 laptop, but it works on a different device.
-
Anonymous
2022-06-24T17:01:34+00:00 Nevermind once again, using task manager to restart windows explorer appears to have fixed it. I apologize if I have wasted any of your time.
-
Anonymous
2022-06-24T16:51:43+00:00 Nevermind, Thank you very much for your assistance. I managed to get my microphone working again (somehow in sounds in microphone array properties the levels were at 0, maybe because of the update?) so that issue is solved, however now I am unable to click on the sound symbol on the bottom right of the taskbar (I believe it's called the tray?)
-
Anonymous
2022-06-21T06:10:59+00:00 yeah me too facing this issue. how to sort out this issue