Remove Focus Sessions from Clock App

Anonymous
2022-07-22T01:42:51+00:00

Even with all focus assist settings and automatic rules turned off, every time I pull up the clock app to set a timer it starts on the Focus Sessions tool.

Is there a way to completely turn off this feature, or do I just need to get a clock app from a 3rd party?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-30T16:18:33+00:00

    Unfortunately it's still the same on me

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-30T21:33:44+00:00

    Same for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-31T19:07:23+00:00

    Well here's another person that's bothered by Focus Session :).

    The default starting screen of the Clock app should not be Focus Session. It also should not be on the top of the sidebar. There's no reason for it to be at the top other than Microsoft trying to push a new feature on users. I know you're just an independent advisor but you definitely have more influence on Microsoft than us. Please convey that this is unacceptable.

    I'm probably going to just disable the Clock app completely at this point.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-08-03T20:27:37+00:00

    You are right, it pops up on me periodically if I don't use it for a while. I can never decide if programmers are unable to do better or just unwilling to do better, and that includes their bosses too lol.

    Different companies give their employees different amounts of freedom but 95% of the time when there's an obtrusive, obnoxious feature that makes you go "WHY!? JUST WHY!?" it's a higher-up pushing for it to be done a certain way. Coders have a problem-solving mindset, their job is essentially solving complex word problems in one of many alien languages with some math thrown in. They don't sit there *creating* them lol. Not intentionally, anyway, and this inconvenience is hard to miss. I open an app called "clock" and I get this focus sessions garbage? Yeah okay...

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-08-03T20:42:27+00:00

    Thanks for the suggestion, I've recently started learning Python and this was a small project I thought could offer some good practice, but in the meantime Hourglass is exactly what you would want a simple timer to be. I like how you can mix numbers and words like "10 minutes" or "10:00" when entering the time - not particularly useful in practice, but shows that the creator put some love into it. Or that they too were learning to code lmao.

    Note: Just words doesn't work, like "ten minutes".

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments