Remove Focus Sessions from Clock App

Anonymous
2022-07-22T01:42:51+00:00

Even with all focus assist settings and automatic rules turned off, every time I pull up the clock app to set a timer it starts on the Focus Sessions tool.

Is there a way to completely turn off this feature, or do I just need to get a clock app from a 3rd party?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-28T19:44:06+00:00

    It bothers me too.

    This was the first link when searching for "timer how to disable focus sessions"

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-29T19:13:22+00:00

    Hi Greg,

    The thing for me is that I use the stopwatch very often. And every time I open the clock app, I just don't want to see that "focus session" first. It is okay but there should be a default option or something.

    Thanks

    Mehmet

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-29T19:23:13+00:00

    Well I'm relieved to have resorted to 3rd party solutions. Using a free timer called Hourglass. The thoughtfulness of its design puts Microsoft to shame.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-29T21:32:55+00:00

    Well, as of now, July 29 at 4:30 pm Central time, the timer seems to be working without bringing up the Focus Assist screen. So thanks to all who "chimed in" with feedback and thanks to whomever at Microsoft that (I hope) got this change made!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-07-29T21:33:25+00:00

    Well, as of now, July 29 at 4:30 pm Central time, the timer seems to be working without bringing up the Focus Assist screen. So thanks to all who "chimed in" with feedback and thanks to whomever at Microsoft that (I hope) got this change made!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments