You are right, it pops up on me periodically if I don't use it for a while. I can never decide if programmers are unable to do better or just unwilling to do better, and that includes their bosses too lol.
Remove Focus Sessions from Clock App
Even with all focus assist settings and automatic rules turned off, every time I pull up the clock app to set a timer it starts on the Focus Sessions tool.
Is there a way to completely turn off this feature, or do I just need to get a clock app from a 3rd party?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2022-07-24T08:07:50+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-07-25T15:06:25+00:00 Just want to retirate that the app needs to save which tab was open last. I only use it for countdown timers, and will never use the focus time feature. It went from a super handy app to an annoyance. Please revert this change. And perhaps add some actual options? Like which tab to start on and such. Some of the MS apps are quite handy, but offer hardly any customization.
-
Anonymous
2022-07-26T04:04:16+00:00 I have the same problem, it gets very frustrating that half the time I open up the app it goes to focus assist. I just want to use the timer, I don't need the focus assist. Is there a way for me to revert to the previous version when there was no focus assist?
-
Anonymous
2022-07-27T12:02:53+00:00 Agree with JimmieWelt above. Just in the last few weeks this started to happen. I use the clock on screen during the classes I teach to show my students the time they have for an exercise. I have signed in and signed out but the results are the same. Focus sessions appears by default when the clock is launched. You have to activate the timer by clicking the omnibar menu (top left) to get to the other clock options.
-
Anonymous
2022-07-28T11:40:09+00:00 No logic in the design of the app. Why cant it remember the last function used (timer, alarm, etc). Instead the useless focus session is the main page, which I've never used and never will.