Remove Focus Sessions from Clock App

Anonymous
2022-07-22T01:42:51+00:00

Even with all focus assist settings and automatic rules turned off, every time I pull up the clock app to set a timer it starts on the Focus Sessions tool.

Is there a way to completely turn off this feature, or do I just need to get a clock app from a 3rd party?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-22T02:22:18+00:00

    Hi Ck. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

    I've not yet heard of Focus Session bothering anyone. But I do notice that for some reason I'm not signed into the Clock app even though I'm signed into Windows with my MS Account.

    Perhaps if you sign out of that one app at the top of the settings it will back off. There shouldn't be any reason to sign into the Clock except to enable it to access your data for the Focus sessions which you do not want.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-22T21:22:42+00:00

    I am not signed in to the app, and it just recently started popping up the focus assist when I go to clocks and timers. All I want is to set the timer. It worked fine until a week or two ago and apparently there was some update and it stopped chiming. Then it went to this focus assist business. I think there should be an opt out of any new thing like this, but I am not finding that the case here. Hope you can help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    70+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-23T07:07:33+00:00

    same here, and it's annoying. Normaly use the timer section and now I have to do 2 additional clicks every time. Just unnecessary that the app doesn't save where I last was.

    Was this answer helpful?

    90+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-23T15:07:55+00:00

    I have pinned the timer to my task bar at the bottom, and as long as I don't do a restart, clicking on it pulls up the timer straightaway. It still needs to have an opt out available for the focus assist imho.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-07-24T01:12:25+00:00

    My timer is always pinned to taskbar - it hasn't stopped focus session from popping up when I want to set a timer. Time to search for a new app. Needs to be a way to turn it off!

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments