Remove Focus Sessions from Clock App

Anonymous
2022-07-22T01:42:51+00:00

Even with all focus assist settings and automatic rules turned off, every time I pull up the clock app to set a timer it starts on the Focus Sessions tool.

Is there a way to completely turn off this feature, or do I just need to get a clock app from a 3rd party?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-26T04:04:16+00:00

    I have the same problem, it gets very frustrating that half the time I open up the app it goes to focus assist. I just want to use the timer, I don't need the focus assist. Is there a way for me to revert to the previous version when there was no focus assist?

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-25T15:06:25+00:00

    Just want to retirate that the app needs to save which tab was open last. I only use it for countdown timers, and will never use the focus time feature. It went from a super handy app to an annoyance. Please revert this change. And perhaps add some actual options? Like which tab to start on and such. Some of the MS apps are quite handy, but offer hardly any customization.

    Was this answer helpful?

    80+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-24T08:07:50+00:00

    You are right, it pops up on me periodically if I don't use it for a while. I can never decide if programmers are unable to do better or just unwilling to do better, and that includes their bosses too lol.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-24T01:12:25+00:00

    My timer is always pinned to taskbar - it hasn't stopped focus session from popping up when I want to set a timer. Time to search for a new app. Needs to be a way to turn it off!

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-07-23T15:07:55+00:00

    I have pinned the timer to my task bar at the bottom, and as long as I don't do a restart, clicking on it pulls up the timer straightaway. It still needs to have an opt out available for the focus assist imho.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments