Well I'm relieved to have resorted to 3rd party solutions. Using a free timer called Hourglass. The thoughtfulness of its design puts Microsoft to shame.
Remove Focus Sessions from Clock App
Even with all focus assist settings and automatic rules turned off, every time I pull up the clock app to set a timer it starts on the Focus Sessions tool.
Is there a way to completely turn off this feature, or do I just need to get a clock app from a 3rd party?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2022-07-29T19:23:13+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-07-29T19:13:22+00:00 Hi Greg,
The thing for me is that I use the stopwatch very often. And every time I open the clock app, I just don't want to see that "focus session" first. It is okay but there should be a default option or something.
Thanks
Mehmet
-
Anonymous
2022-07-28T19:44:06+00:00 It bothers me too.
This was the first link when searching for "timer how to disable focus sessions"
-
Anonymous
2022-07-28T11:40:09+00:00 No logic in the design of the app. Why cant it remember the last function used (timer, alarm, etc). Instead the useless focus session is the main page, which I've never used and never will.
-
Anonymous
2022-07-27T12:02:53+00:00 Agree with JimmieWelt above. Just in the last few weeks this started to happen. I use the clock on screen during the classes I teach to show my students the time they have for an exercise. I have signed in and signed out but the results are the same. Focus sessions appears by default when the clock is launched. You have to activate the timer by clicking the omnibar menu (top left) to get to the other clock options.