Remove Focus Sessions from Clock App

Anonymous
2022-07-22T01:42:51+00:00

Even with all focus assist settings and automatic rules turned off, every time I pull up the clock app to set a timer it starts on the Focus Sessions tool.

Is there a way to completely turn off this feature, or do I just need to get a clock app from a 3rd party?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-31T19:07:23+00:00

    Well here's another person that's bothered by Focus Session :).

    The default starting screen of the Clock app should not be Focus Session. It also should not be on the top of the sidebar. There's no reason for it to be at the top other than Microsoft trying to push a new feature on users. I know you're just an independent advisor but you definitely have more influence on Microsoft than us. Please convey that this is unacceptable.

    I'm probably going to just disable the Clock app completely at this point.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-30T21:33:44+00:00

    Same for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-30T16:18:33+00:00

    Unfortunately it's still the same on me

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-29T21:33:25+00:00

    Well, as of now, July 29 at 4:30 pm Central time, the timer seems to be working without bringing up the Focus Assist screen. So thanks to all who "chimed in" with feedback and thanks to whomever at Microsoft that (I hope) got this change made!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-07-29T21:32:55+00:00

    Well, as of now, July 29 at 4:30 pm Central time, the timer seems to be working without bringing up the Focus Assist screen. So thanks to all who "chimed in" with feedback and thanks to whomever at Microsoft that (I hope) got this change made!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments