Remove Focus Sessions from Clock App

Anonymous
2022-07-22T01:42:51+00:00

Even with all focus assist settings and automatic rules turned off, every time I pull up the clock app to set a timer it starts on the Focus Sessions tool.

Is there a way to completely turn off this feature, or do I just need to get a clock app from a 3rd party?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-08-23T11:18:39+00:00

    I have no use for this silly Focus Sessions app and resent having it come up every time I want to check on times in the world.

    Microsoft really should give us the option to purge unwanted and unessential MS stuff from our computers. Better still would be having the option to install the things we want instead of having them all lobbed in by MS.

    Another possibility would be to accept that we have to have junk loaded in with our updates, but if we don't opt in to keep it the unwanted junk simply shrivels and dies.

    I used to be very pleased I didn't have to deal with Apple taking over my computing life. It seems MS has gone over to the dark side, too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2022-08-15T16:46:57+00:00

    Would an option to choose a default tab be a better solution?

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-08-14T23:39:49+00:00

    Three pages in (on my screen) of nothing but people complaining about the Focus Session (FS) showing up when starting the Clock app. Well, add me to that list. It has frustrated me ever since Microsoft started the FS. Nothing in the Settings to disable it. I even tried to drag the option from the sidebar and move it down the list so the Timer will be the first option and hopefully start there when I open the app like in the good old days... nope.

    I'm so glad someone mentioned an alternative, so I WILL be installing Hourglass right after I post this message and will be taking Clock off my Taskbar and no longer using it. I was going to say how Microsoft are shooting themselves in the foot, but it seems apparent that they don't care. This has obviously been an issue for users from the beginning and up until now, still hasn't been addressed. Oh well; the user will do what the user needs to do.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-08-12T23:14:13+00:00

    I have now too. What an excellent app, unlike "Clock". It's in quotes because it shouldn't even be named Clock now. Just name it Focus Sessions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments