Remove Focus Sessions from Clock App

Anonymous
2022-07-22T01:42:51+00:00

Even with all focus assist settings and automatic rules turned off, every time I pull up the clock app to set a timer it starts on the Focus Sessions tool.

Is there a way to completely turn off this feature, or do I just need to get a clock app from a 3rd party?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-08-23T11:18:39+00:00

    I have no use for this silly Focus Sessions app and resent having it come up every time I want to check on times in the world.

    Microsoft really should give us the option to purge unwanted and unessential MS stuff from our computers. Better still would be having the option to install the things we want instead of having them all lobbed in by MS.

    Another possibility would be to accept that we have to have junk loaded in with our updates, but if we don't opt in to keep it the unwanted junk simply shrivels and dies.

    I used to be very pleased I didn't have to deal with Apple taking over my computing life. It seems MS has gone over to the dark side, too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-08-06T01:50:08+00:00

    I too have now downloaded Hourglass.

    I'm from the school of the Unix philosophy of make a tool do one job well.

    I hate the amount of times Microsoft take a tool that does one thing well and then add perplexing additional features and try to then push them on the user to make them aware of them.

    If they want a pomodoro like tool then make a pomodoro like tool and add it to the store.

    Thanks for the hourglass suggestion.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-19T06:31:27+00:00

    Hi Greg.

    Does the irony of you replying that you haven't heard of anyone being bothered by it to someone clearly bothered by it escape you, are you a professional gaslighter or just some poor schmuck uncorking pre-authored responses?

    Anyway, this carp bothers me and I would love the ability to at least banish Focus Sessions to the bottom of the options, so that the one thing I use the app for, which is Timers, would be there on startup. Let users arrange the UI to their needs instead of your metric-algorithmic wants.

    In short, Microsoft: stop being ducking annoying. Your "news" feed that you patched in a while back and made a pain in the posterior to remove again is just another iteration of your incessant need to annoy your users and forcefeed them your newest "well, got to justify my salary" bullcarp.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-08-03T20:27:37+00:00

    You are right, it pops up on me periodically if I don't use it for a while. I can never decide if programmers are unable to do better or just unwilling to do better, and that includes their bosses too lol.

    Different companies give their employees different amounts of freedom but 95% of the time when there's an obtrusive, obnoxious feature that makes you go "WHY!? JUST WHY!?" it's a higher-up pushing for it to be done a certain way. Coders have a problem-solving mindset, their job is essentially solving complex word problems in one of many alien languages with some math thrown in. They don't sit there *creating* them lol. Not intentionally, anyway, and this inconvenience is hard to miss. I open an app called "clock" and I get this focus sessions garbage? Yeah okay...

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-07-27T12:02:53+00:00

    Agree with JimmieWelt above. Just in the last few weeks this started to happen. I use the clock on screen during the classes I teach to show my students the time they have for an exercise. I have signed in and signed out but the results are the same. Focus sessions appears by default when the clock is launched. You have to activate the timer by clicking the omnibar menu (top left) to get to the other clock options.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments