Scroll wheel in phone link?

Anonymous
2022-07-06T19:25:35+00:00

Phone Link is great to access android apps running on my phone. However, scrolling is very cumbersome. Is there a way to simply use the mouse scroll wheel to scroll rather then having to click and drag with the mouse? If not, is there a place to request this feature?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-12-19T04:43:43+00:00

    I also can confirm that using X-Mouse (excellent program) that if you go into:

    Setup > Settings > Make scroll wheel scroll window under cursor

    and uncheck it, that the scroll wheel functionality mimics finger swiping on the mobile device screen.

    Well done! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

    P.S. I have yet to test if that setting affects any program that I use. If you notice anything, please post!

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-12-20T20:05:43+00:00

    Great! Thanks for the confirmation.

    But...

    My laptop's Phonelink wheel scroll is also not working when it used to. Unchecking Setup > Settings > Make scroll wheel scroll window under cursor in X-mouse as previously described failed to enable it.

    Maybe that will give a hint to someone who knows code what is making it not work.

    As many people have stated, since scroll used to work before an update, how can MS say there's no way to make scroll work? Who's answering the questions at MS? The janitor?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-12-23T14:03:47+00:00

    It look more like they dont care

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-12-23T19:49:35+00:00

    This is an update on my previous comment about being able to get scroll to work on my desktop, but not on my laptop:

    I was able to get scroll working on my laptop too, but NOT by going to X-mouse settings and unchecking Make scroll wheel scroll window under cursor like I had previously done on my desktop.

    On my laptop I instead found that if I go into Windows settings>Mouse and turned on Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them, that mouse wheel scrolling works.

    As an experiment on my desktop, I tried re-checking Make scroll wheel scroll window under cursor in X-mouse and turning Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them in Windows settings on and off**.**

    Scroll didn't work on either setting.

    So on the desktop it was a setting in X-mouse and on the laptop it was a Windows mouse setting. Why they're different I have no idea.

    Hope that helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-12-24T01:03:33+00:00

    Thank You! Merry X-mas Solution works!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments