Scroll wheel in phone link?

Anonymous
2022-07-06T19:25:35+00:00

Phone Link is great to access android apps running on my phone. However, scrolling is very cumbersome. Is there a way to simply use the mouse scroll wheel to scroll rather then having to click and drag with the mouse? If not, is there a place to request this feature?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-29T17:51:11+00:00

    Hey Microsoft, just a note that I spent over an hour today to find an alternative to Google messages for texting on my PC. Found this little nugget of an absurd deal-breaker after thinking it MUST be my mouse for an extra 20 minutes and troubleshooting this gaslit ****. Promptly uninstalled/disconnected once I found this thread. Jesus Christ, the portrait of techworld absurdity. The phrase "you only had one job" comes to mind. Check the project managers' desk drawers, make sure they're not guzzling vodka, because this is straight glasnost era oversight ****.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-01T16:57:17+00:00

    Thank you!
    This was exactly the problem I was having. I use x mouse too and I realized scrolling in phone link works if I turned on Scroll lock. Scroll lock also deactivates x mouse button control so I had an inkling that it was causing the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-12T16:04:54+00:00

    This problem is over a year old now with no resolution in sight.
    It amazes me how a simple problem like this can defeat the best efforts of a mammoth company like Microsoft.
    I think I'll go back to using Pushbullett. They have had this working for many years now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-27T00:54:39+00:00

    I only got around to using Phone Link today on my Windows 11 desktop. I don't have X-mouse installed, but I tried your suggestion "turned on Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them" and mouse wheel scrolling in Phone Link now works perfectly. Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-27T05:45:04+00:00

    Yes - It works.
    Bless you.
    Jim

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments