Scroll wheel in phone link?

Anonymous
2022-07-06T19:25:35+00:00

Phone Link is great to access android apps running on my phone. However, scrolling is very cumbersome. Is there a way to simply use the mouse scroll wheel to scroll rather then having to click and drag with the mouse? If not, is there a place to request this feature?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-12-20T20:05:43+00:00

    Great! Thanks for the confirmation.

    But...

    My laptop's Phonelink wheel scroll is also not working when it used to. Unchecking Setup > Settings > Make scroll wheel scroll window under cursor in X-mouse as previously described failed to enable it.

    Maybe that will give a hint to someone who knows code what is making it not work.

    As many people have stated, since scroll used to work before an update, how can MS say there's no way to make scroll work? Who's answering the questions at MS? The janitor?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-12-19T04:43:43+00:00

    I also can confirm that using X-Mouse (excellent program) that if you go into:

    Setup > Settings > Make scroll wheel scroll window under cursor

    and uncheck it, that the scroll wheel functionality mimics finger swiping on the mobile device screen.

    Well done! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

    P.S. I have yet to test if that setting affects any program that I use. If you notice anything, please post!

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-12-18T23:00:56+00:00

    I finally got scroll to work. After much fiddling around in Task Manager Startup Programs (which required reboot after every change), I discovered if I went to the hidden icon box and disabled and enabled X-Mouse Button Control (a 3rd party program I installed), that scrolling would work and then not work respectively. Digging further, if you go into X-mouse's "setup" then "settings", then uncheck "Make scroll wheel scroll window under cursor", scrolling works in Phonelink without disabling the whole X-Mouse program. I don't know if that will fix anybody else's problem, but so far it's worked for me. If you're running a different mapping program you could start there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more