Scroll wheel in phone link?

Anonymous
2022-07-06T19:25:35+00:00

Phone Link is great to access android apps running on my phone. However, scrolling is very cumbersome. Is there a way to simply use the mouse scroll wheel to scroll rather then having to click and drag with the mouse? If not, is there a place to request this feature?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-24T20:16:01+00:00

    what's sad is that it was working until the latest update... Scroll wheel worked great, now can't scroll and can't use keyboard arrow keys either.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-12-18T23:00:56+00:00

    I finally got scroll to work. After much fiddling around in Task Manager Startup Programs (which required reboot after every change), I discovered if I went to the hidden icon box and disabled and enabled X-Mouse Button Control (a 3rd party program I installed), that scrolling would work and then not work respectively. Digging further, if you go into X-mouse's "setup" then "settings", then uncheck "Make scroll wheel scroll window under cursor", scrolling works in Phonelink without disabling the whole X-Mouse program. I don't know if that will fix anybody else's problem, but so far it's worked for me. If you're running a different mapping program you could start there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-12-23T19:49:35+00:00

    This is an update on my previous comment about being able to get scroll to work on my desktop, but not on my laptop:

    I was able to get scroll working on my laptop too, but NOT by going to X-mouse settings and unchecking Make scroll wheel scroll window under cursor like I had previously done on my desktop.

    On my laptop I instead found that if I go into Windows settings>Mouse and turned on Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them, that mouse wheel scrolling works.

    As an experiment on my desktop, I tried re-checking Make scroll wheel scroll window under cursor in X-mouse and turning Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them in Windows settings on and off**.**

    Scroll didn't work on either setting.

    So on the desktop it was a setting in X-mouse and on the laptop it was a Windows mouse setting. Why they're different I have no idea.

    Hope that helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-12-19T04:43:43+00:00

    I also can confirm that using X-Mouse (excellent program) that if you go into:

    Setup > Settings > Make scroll wheel scroll window under cursor

    and uncheck it, that the scroll wheel functionality mimics finger swiping on the mobile device screen.

    Well done! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

    P.S. I have yet to test if that setting affects any program that I use. If you notice anything, please post!

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-09-05T03:34:58+00:00

    I don't understand this answer at all. Up until just the last few weeks my trackball wheel scrolled phonelink just fine. How can you say there's no way to do this when just until recently IT USED TO WORK? Both my laptop and desktop used to scroll using the mouse wheel. Now neither of them do.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments