I tried to download the bios and it says no need to update. Im not sure why TechPowerUp doesnt have my Vbios
Crashing with certain games
My Gpu usage with certain games like R6 and Genshin Impact will shoot up to 120% usage then drop to 0% and black screen and close my game. I can run GTA Online, FiveM, and Destiny 2 perfectly fine. I can even stream and top quality fine. But certain games seem to crash for no reason. Ive had multiple errors like Fault bucket LKD_0x142_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Turing_SCG3D, type 0
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0
Problem signature:
P1: 142
P2: ffffac01b6ea7010
P3: fffff8078310ab20
P4: 0
P5: 1da4
P6: 10_0_22000
P7: 0_0
P8: 256_1
P9:
P10:
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
and APPID
{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}
to the user DESKTOP-NRSIP0E\ericj SID (S-1-5-21-1846910190-3875670007-489966023-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
The following information was included with the event:
\Device\Video3
Error occurred on GPUID: 100
I have whipped my computer completely and redownloaded windows, whipped all my graphics drivers and reinstalled them, flashed and updated my motherboard bios, undervolted my gpu, everything. Nothing works. I can recreate the problem live if needed, My Discord is Div#7776
Specs-
Intel Core i7 9700K
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC Motherboard
4 sticks of 8gb GSkill DDR4
WDS 1tb memory
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2022-06-27T15:51:20+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-06-27T19:29:24+00:00 Not sure it may help you, but after going through support with NVIDIA and trying various things, we eventually arrived at them asking me to reseat the card - physically. I was skeptical but that resolved my issue. I also used different PSU plugs when reseating the card.
Essentially I :
- Unplugged it
- Removed it for over 1 minute
- Reinstalled it
- Used a different combination of PSU plugs when plugging in the cables again
That resolved the issue thus far - no more crashing. In their view it was (correctly) a hardware issue, not a software issue.
-
Anonymous
2022-06-29T16:12:05+00:00 Im gonna try that. Thank you
-
Anonymous
2022-06-30T04:27:13+00:00 I'm having the exact same issue on my 3080ti. I've reseated the GPU and used different PSU cables in different slots on the PSU like theduke2 suggested. I played Cyberpunk for a bit after doing that and it crashed but I didn't see the driver error in the Event Viewer so I think that crash was unrelated (the error log it generated was related to an invalid memory access error). I booted the game again and played for about an hour and a half and didn't see anymore issues, but I'm running Furmark as I'm typing this and I'm gonna let it keep running for a few hours and see if anything happens just to be certain. I'll update if any issues arise.
-
Anonymous
2022-07-10T15:11:00+00:00 I'm having the exact same issue on my 3080ti. I've reseated the GPU and used different PSU cables in different slots on the PSU like theduke2 suggested. I played Cyberpunk for a bit after doing that and it crashed but I didn't see the driver error in the Event Viewer so I think that crash was unrelated (the error log it generated was related to an invalid memory access error). I booted the game again and played for about an hour and a half and didn't see anymore issues, but I'm running Furmark as I'm typing this and I'm gonna let it keep running for a few hours and see if anything happens just to be certain. I'll update if any issues arise.
Looks like driver/windows related issue, having the same problem with RTX 3080 and AC Valhalla.