Crashing with certain games

Anonymous
2022-06-23T22:05:32+00:00

My Gpu usage with certain games like R6 and Genshin Impact will shoot up to 120% usage then drop to 0% and black screen and close my game. I can run GTA Online, FiveM, and Destiny 2 perfectly fine. I can even stream and top quality fine. But certain games seem to crash for no reason. Ive had multiple errors like Fault bucket LKD_0x142_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Turing_SCG3D, type 0

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: 142

P2: ffffac01b6ea7010

P3: fffff8078310ab20

P4: 0

P5: 1da4

P6: 10_0_22000

P7: 0_0

P8: 256_1

P9: 

P10: 

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 

{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}

 and APPID 

{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}

 to the user DESKTOP-NRSIP0E\ericj SID (S-1-5-21-1846910190-3875670007-489966023-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

\Device\Video3

Error occurred on GPUID: 100

I have whipped my computer completely and redownloaded windows, whipped all my graphics drivers and reinstalled them, flashed and updated my motherboard bios, undervolted my gpu, everything. Nothing works. I can recreate the problem live if needed, My Discord is Div#7776

Specs-

Intel Core i7 9700K

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC Motherboard

4 sticks of 8gb GSkill DDR4

WDS 1tb memory

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-06-24T04:13:11+00:00

    Hi Eric Jason,

    Thanks for your post in Microsoft Community.

    I noticed that one of the error messages in the description you provided was Fault bucket Fault bucket LKD_0x142_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Turing_SCG3D, type 0

    This nvlddmkm.sys is the nvidia graphics card driver file. I have carefully checked the information you provided and the operations you have tried and think the issue may have something to do with driver compatibility,

    The latest graphics driver version information of RTX2060 on Windows 10/Windows 11 is:

    Version: 516.40  ^WHQL^
    Release Date: 2022.6.15
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 11
    Language: English (US)
    File Size: 783.98 MB

    You can confirm the driver version through the Nvidia Experience app (provided by Nvidia) on your computer. If your computer is currently running version 516.40, you are advised to visit here and download the earlier Driver (for example GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL 512.95).

    Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Your patience and cooperation are highly appreciated. 

    Best Regards,

    Manson | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-06-24T05:10:14+00:00

    Thank you for the help. I tried that. I even used DDU and reinstalled it. That error went away. The error that crashes me is

    The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

    If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

    The following information was included with the event: 

    \Device\Video9

    Error occurred on GPUID: 100

    The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

    I was going to try and flash a vbios but there apparently is no vbios for an ASUS DUAL RTX 2060 EVO OC.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-06-24T06:23:44+00:00

    Hi Eric Jason,

    According to the graphics card model you provided, I found the download of VBIOS, but its version is in 2019. Since VBIOS is provided by the graphics card manufacturer (ASUS), you can consider downloading and installing it to see the effect.

    You mentioned using DDU to uninstall the driver and reinstall the graphics driver have you tried to install an older version of the driver? Also, please confirm whether the game set in question has DirectX 11 or 12.

    Thanks for your patience and understanding!

    Best Regards,

    Manson | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-06-24T18:40:00+00:00

    I have the identical issue as OP despite different hardware. Certain games crash within a few minutes while others are fine. Games that crash include Guardians of the Galaxy and Assassins Creed Origins.

    I'm using a AORUS GeForce RTX™ 3080 XTREME 10G (rev. 2.0) and the Event Viewer message is identical, except instead of Device\Video3 is says Device\Video9.

    I'm using 516.40 drivers and have already done a DDU. My next step is another DDU followed by year old drivers (466.47) listed on the AORUS GeForce RTX™ 3080 XTREME 10G (rev. 2.0) website. I don't see any VBIOS for the rev 2.0 version of the card.

    I can provide DXDIAG, MSCONFIG, or anything you think could help to diagnose this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-06-24T19:16:46+00:00

    Loading older drivers did not work either. The games still freeze in a similar fashion.

    While playing, I get two types of errors being generated:

    1. Many, many Event 10016 DistributedCOM errors. Parameter10 is Microsoft.GamingApp_2206.1001.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe and the message says: "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID " just like OP. These appear in the Event log every 10 seconds or so.
    2. I get a single 4104 Display error when the game actually freezes I think: "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments