Crashing with certain games

Anonymous
2022-06-23T22:05:32+00:00

My Gpu usage with certain games like R6 and Genshin Impact will shoot up to 120% usage then drop to 0% and black screen and close my game. I can run GTA Online, FiveM, and Destiny 2 perfectly fine. I can even stream and top quality fine. But certain games seem to crash for no reason. Ive had multiple errors like Fault bucket LKD_0x142_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Turing_SCG3D, type 0

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: 142

P2: ffffac01b6ea7010

P3: fffff8078310ab20

P4: 0

P5: 1da4

P6: 10_0_22000

P7: 0_0

P8: 256_1

P9: 

P10: 

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 

{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}

 and APPID 

{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}

 to the user DESKTOP-NRSIP0E\ericj SID (S-1-5-21-1846910190-3875670007-489966023-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

\Device\Video3

Error occurred on GPUID: 100

I have whipped my computer completely and redownloaded windows, whipped all my graphics drivers and reinstalled them, flashed and updated my motherboard bios, undervolted my gpu, everything. Nothing works. I can recreate the problem live if needed, My Discord is Div#7776

Specs-

Intel Core i7 9700K

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC Motherboard

4 sticks of 8gb GSkill DDR4

WDS 1tb memory

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-16T14:34:58+00:00

    You need to ask directly to Asus support for vbios update

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-16T13:32:25+00:00

    same issue on asus rog strix rtx 3080 and Ac valhalla and far cry 6. Tried a clean windows installation,ddu driver clean installation and also i DoA my gpu. I also got new ram sticks. Absolutely nothing changed

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-10T15:11:00+00:00

    I'm having the exact same issue on my 3080ti. I've reseated the GPU and used different PSU cables in different slots on the PSU like theduke2 suggested. I played Cyberpunk for a bit after doing that and it crashed but I didn't see the driver error in the Event Viewer so I think that crash was unrelated (the error log it generated was related to an invalid memory access error). I booted the game again and played for about an hour and a half and didn't see anymore issues, but I'm running Furmark as I'm typing this and I'm gonna let it keep running for a few hours and see if anything happens just to be certain. I'll update if any issues arise.

    Looks like driver/windows related issue, having the same problem with RTX 3080 and AC Valhalla.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-06-30T04:27:13+00:00

    I'm having the exact same issue on my 3080ti. I've reseated the GPU and used different PSU cables in different slots on the PSU like theduke2 suggested. I played Cyberpunk for a bit after doing that and it crashed but I didn't see the driver error in the Event Viewer so I think that crash was unrelated (the error log it generated was related to an invalid memory access error). I booted the game again and played for about an hour and a half and didn't see anymore issues, but I'm running Furmark as I'm typing this and I'm gonna let it keep running for a few hours and see if anything happens just to be certain. I'll update if any issues arise.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-06-29T16:12:05+00:00

    Im gonna try that. Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments