I can't take the credit if this works but turning on debug mode in the NVIDIA control panel seeeeeeems to have improved things for me (its under the help tab)
Crashing with certain games
My Gpu usage with certain games like R6 and Genshin Impact will shoot up to 120% usage then drop to 0% and black screen and close my game. I can run GTA Online, FiveM, and Destiny 2 perfectly fine. I can even stream and top quality fine. But certain games seem to crash for no reason. Ive had multiple errors like Fault bucket LKD_0x142_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Turing_SCG3D, type 0
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0
Problem signature:
P1: 142
P2: ffffac01b6ea7010
P3: fffff8078310ab20
P4: 0
P5: 1da4
P6: 10_0_22000
P7: 0_0
P8: 256_1
P9:
P10:
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
and APPID
{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}
to the user DESKTOP-NRSIP0E\ericj SID (S-1-5-21-1846910190-3875670007-489966023-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
The following information was included with the event:
\Device\Video3
Error occurred on GPUID: 100
I have whipped my computer completely and redownloaded windows, whipped all my graphics drivers and reinstalled them, flashed and updated my motherboard bios, undervolted my gpu, everything. Nothing works. I can recreate the problem live if needed, My Discord is Div#7776
Specs-
Intel Core i7 9700K
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC Motherboard
4 sticks of 8gb GSkill DDR4
WDS 1tb memory
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2022-10-28T17:29:21+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-10-14T22:13:35+00:00 hi,
sorry for my english, i'm French.
I've exactly the same problem.
R9 3950x,
DDR4 32 Gb with profile (3600 mhz)
1000w seasonic prime.
rtx 3080ti FE.
I've trying everything but not with resizable bar disactivated. I will try that now. Thank.
I will get back
Edit1 : Same without rezise bar.
Edit2 : Same probleme without c-state.
Edit3: Testing 2 hours after removing riser pcie cable and connecting 3080Ti directly to MB. No problems. I've reactivated rezise bar, re-connect correctely my two screens, 10 reboots and 10 launch of 3D Mark Time spy, no error, nothing else :D i'm so happy if it's just this cable the cause of my problems !
-
Anonymous
2022-07-20T03:31:43+00:00 I'm running into this same issue but it seems only on Minecraft and then only with Sodium / Iris shaders. I can't seem to narrow it down to anything other than those. Crashes even just using Sodium / iris with nothing else.
RTX 3080 (from HP Omen)
Ryzen 5600x
Gigabyte B450M
32g ram (3600, mobo keeps resetting to 2100)
Thought it was my ram at first (still might be?) but I stress tested and it didn't crash, and it doesn't crash in anything else, so I dug in event logs and found this error pointing to something nvidia related. Updated all drivers, resintalled with DDU as well, no fix. Hoping someone in here eventually finds a fix that might work for me too lol
-
Anonymous
2022-06-27T15:51:20+00:00 I tried to download the bios and it says no need to update. Im not sure why TechPowerUp doesnt have my Vbios
-
Anonymous
2022-06-24T18:40:00+00:00 I have the identical issue as OP despite different hardware. Certain games crash within a few minutes while others are fine. Games that crash include Guardians of the Galaxy and Assassins Creed Origins.
I'm using a AORUS GeForce RTX™ 3080 XTREME 10G (rev. 2.0) and the Event Viewer message is identical, except instead of Device\Video3 is says Device\Video9.
I'm using 516.40 drivers and have already done a DDU. My next step is another DDU followed by year old drivers (466.47) listed on the AORUS GeForce RTX™ 3080 XTREME 10G (rev. 2.0) website. I don't see any VBIOS for the rev 2.0 version of the card.
I can provide DXDIAG, MSCONFIG, or anything you think could help to diagnose this.