what is this error: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\DR3 during a paging operation.

Anonymous
2022-07-25T01:36:35+00:00

a seperate error was this:

The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume7.

           Failure status: A device which does not exist was specified.

           Device GUID: {390d3b88-0b14-a800-2004-644fa477ceb8}

           Device manufacturer: Seagate 

           Device model: Expansion       

           Device revision: 1805

           Device serial number:             NA8NLPKP

           Bus type: USB

           Adapter serial number: 

But at the time of the error in the subject, i was not copying data to this system. at the time of the second error in the body of this post, i was searching an external drive, it did that. it was connected, except i did probably unplug it, so that might be the case. However, i don't get why the paging this is going on.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-29T06:25:33+00:00

    How would I be able to tell where that drive is located besides taking the laptop apart? This system is still under warranty. I would not be able to know much about what happened specifically. I think that nothing probably notable that should have affected the temperature. I was in a room that would have had A/C on as far as I know. I had ran those tests. However, I don't specifically remember. The system may have had programs running in the background. I just know that I put the laptop somewhere in the house (probably on a desk), and ran those requested tests. It may have been early evening or late evening.

    Someone asked me to use CrystalDiskinfo before, but I had asked about the software requirements on that link, and which version to use, but I never received a reply.

    I have some concerns about safe mode, since windows 10 (as far as the current version goes), will not function with networking anymore. My old system did on the previous version of windows 10, but this one does not. Nobody has been able to tell me anything but to try with a portable router and some kind of cable plugged into something, and to not try to do anything about wifi anymore, which basically means to give up on wifi in safe mode forever, and just use a workaround. It is not always feasible to try to use some peripherals and to somehow hook up to a local device. It does not make sense to use a laptop like a desktop computer hooked up like a local area network when windows 10 is supposed to allow for wifi in safe mode with networking.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-29T05:20:45+00:00

    Download and install one of these temperature monitoring software:

    Speccy

    HWMonitor

    SpeedFan

    Where is the KBG drive located?

    What happened with the average temperature of 49 with day max 65 and lifetime max 73?

    See if you can reduce temperatures.

    Clean vents and fans, etc.

    Post images or share links for Crystaldiskinfo results (they are instantaneous)(all drives) https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskinfo/

    Post a new V2 share link into the newest post.

    Make a new restore point: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4571-create-system-restore-point-windows-10-a.html

    Read this link on Windows Driver Verifier (WDV): (Do not use the tool until it is communicated in this thread) https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5470-enable-disable-driver-verifier-windows-10-a.html

    Learn the methods to recover from using the tool by booting into safe mode and running one or more of these commands:

    verifier /reset

    verifier /bootmode resetonbootfail

    If there is no immediate BSOD then open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste: verifier /querysettings

    Post a share link into this thread using one drive, drop box, or google drive.

    For any BSOD post a new V2 share link into the newest post.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-28T21:26:04+00:00

    how can i find the memory dump file? i ran that program, but i only see one memory dump file from early july.

    tuneup

    ImageImageImageImage

    ImageImageImage

    ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

    Image

    Note: i accidentally unplugged the external drive during one of the scans then had a bad sector error when i restarted a scan. Then when i restarted the program, it didn't. Also, today, I redid one of the HD tools scans, and it had a calibration error? why would it do that?

    The seatools log above is basically all i was able to obtain. It shows a line that is not on screen, but that is from the previous scan that shows the same thing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-28T20:40:29+00:00

    When available please post images or share links for the test results into this thread.

    HD Tune

    Sea Tools

    HD Sentinel

    Most of the tests can be performed overnight while sleeping.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-07-28T15:55:45+00:00

    i am following the long generic tests a second time, and it seems that the log files that it provides are the same as before prior to shutting down the program. Also, the version of sea tools that is current is not the same as that link. I don't know if it is supposed to provide something different, but what the first drive test provided is what i captured in a screenshot of all three.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments