what is this error: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\DR3 during a paging operation.

Anonymous
2022-07-25T01:36:35+00:00

a seperate error was this:

The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: F:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume7.

           Failure status: A device which does not exist was specified.

           Device GUID: {390d3b88-0b14-a800-2004-644fa477ceb8}

           Device manufacturer: Seagate 

           Device model: Expansion       

           Device revision: 1805

           Device serial number:             NA8NLPKP

           Bus type: USB

           Adapter serial number: 

But at the time of the error in the subject, i was not copying data to this system. at the time of the second error in the body of this post, i was searching an external drive, it did that. it was connected, except i did probably unplug it, so that might be the case. However, i don't get why the paging this is going on.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-28T06:34:07+00:00

    my system will go to the login screen when the screen shuts off, even though sleep mode is turned off. Only the display is set to turn off. When the seagate tools ran, it provided a log, so I just have a screenshot of some sort of summary log. If there is something else, i don't know how to do it that will keep sea tools from turning off. When my laptop's screen shut's off, Most programs will run in the background. When I logged back in, I am pretty sure that most things stayed on, but sea tools was shut down. However, it is possible that some things turned off. I had read on the instructions, that I could keep things running, but basically that sea tools would run longer. I also saw that sea tools general long scan (or whatever) had pretty much finished 1.5 scans between 30 minutes and 1 hour. it may have been longer, but I don't know. I may have woke up or something, but before I slept, i saw one drive finished, and then another one was pretty far. I think that I woke up, and i saw that one was finished, and another was still running. However, in the morning, i had to login, but the system was still on. i had to turn sea tools back on, then there was some sort of settings to open the events. That menu showed where the log was. There was also an option the export the logs. i see on that instructions page that it shows some sort of image that is like a command prompt within the sea tools program. However, since the program shuts down, i don't know what to show besides the events. The pass status on every drive occurred.

    I can't seem to find a solution to only turning off the display, but keeping programs from running in the background. it is clear that this has happened to others, yet I don't find a clear solution. I did see for certain that it ran other programs, but sea tools turned off.

    It was not supposed to sleep, and I don't think that it did. However, it still turned off sea tools, as if it were sleeping. Did sea tools turn itself off after a certain amount of time? I know that I didn't turn on sleep mode. power settings are set so that it won't turn on sleep mode automatically.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-28T05:41:05+00:00

    Many of the tests can run overnight while sleeping.

    The tests can run as many times as needed so that you can post share links displaying result images into this thread.

    (please do not post excel data; please post images using share links as per the instructions in the earlier post)

    If there is any difficulty using the snipping tool then take pictures with a camera or smartphone camera and post share links into this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-28T03:42:30+00:00

    For tests results while using Windows please use the snipping tool or a camera > post share links into this thread using one drive, drop box, or google drive

    For HD Tune post images or share links for these results (all drives)

    a) Health

    b) Benchmark

    c) Full error scan

    For Sea Tools for Windows post images or share links for these results (all drives)

    Long generic test

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/96008-how-enable-disable-snipping-tool-windows.html

    okay, but i had already ran tests from sea tools. my HP laptop shut down the screen, but did not go to sleep mode. for some reason, sea tools itself shutdown, but saved the logs. I was able to view a log in some sort of small image, so i took a screen shot. That, and some sort of SMART image were exported into excel files. Which logs do you need from Sea Tools? Basically, it appears that one of them is the same in excel as the image it saved after shutting down the program. The other (SMART), is something else. It is probably similar to the HD Tune log. But I can use the Snipping tool to drag it to make images of the excel files. If I am correct, the Snipping tool basically is like a selection tool that selects some part of the screen, then it takes a screenshot of that. I used it a long time ago on a different machine. Excel files, screenshots that i have from paintbrush, or snipping tool screenshots can be shared from one drive. Probably all of those files will be shared from there anyways.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-28T01:49:07+00:00

    For tests results while using Windows please use the snipping tool or a camera > post share links into this thread using one drive, drop box, or google drive

    For HD Tune post images or share links for these results (all drives)

    a) Health

    b) Benchmark

    c) Full error scan

    For Sea Tools for Windows post images or share links for these results (all drives)

    Long generic test

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/96008-how-enable-disable-snipping-tool-windows.html

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-07-27T01:23:54+00:00

    probably hp community would be more helpful than HP regarding windows errors. Microsoft is more helpful regarding windows errors.

    I have run the batch file, and didn't realize you mentioned to do diagnostics later. i can do those again. i am running earlier steps of HD Tune. Did not do the generic thing with seatools, but took screen shots of HD sentinel. The only driver with HP assistant was a bluetooth driver, while the website offers different things when I am logged in. some of them I had downloaded already (even the recommended drivers). I have installed an intel driver, but I do not really know which one it is through that application. I plan to post these various things, then i can do the diagnostic again as you had requested. i will do the seatools thing when i finish the HD Tune thing. posting everything when it is ready as you requested.

    HP does not offer free support for advising regarding windows and has tried to hide that they can do a non-subscription plan when i have called. HP has also denied what their website says about preinstalling certain windows settings at the factory on their systems. They will not help resolve these things and charge to troubleshoot them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments