2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5022303) Install error - 0x80070002

Anonymous
2023-01-11T03:57:58+00:00

It actually happened sinced the KB5021255, never manage to make it success. And now, it continue to happened on the KB5022303. It downloading just fine until 100%, but always get the error when installing right before it's done.

That last think I try was to use the standalone package from https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5022303 but it also failed when installing.

Attached in this link is the CBS Logs https://www.dropbox.com/s/i78lelrw3se9acc/CbsPersist_20230111021211.zip?dl=0

Please help, I'm worried since its a critical update regarding security.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2023-01-11T04:31:57+00:00

A repair installation, also known as an "in-place upgrade", retains your apps, data, and settings.

  • Download the Windows 11 ISO
  • Double-click the ISO to mount it to a drive letter.
  • Run Setup.exe and complete the repair process.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-14T15:23:49+00:00

    Yep every time I tried to update my computer would not boot. After I broke the code as to why I just did not update it anymore. Did the research. found all these answers do this do that. Microsoft has smart people working for them. I turn on my computer manage to send a few emails chat with my kids. I'm not about to do a job of some person who get paid 200-300k a year and then my computer poops the bed and I got to take it to a guy to fix it. NOPE MICRSOFT FIX IT OR MAYBE I'LL GO TO APPLE OR LINUX

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-15T14:44:46+00:00

    Pls try this REG fix. And then run the cumulative update.

    If the update fails, then do the repair.

    Hi, Ramesh. I'm having this same problem and am going to try your suggestions for Kyogoku. I was going to begin with your suggested REG fix but the link brings me to a OneDrive error message: "This item might not exist or is no longer available". Can you remedy that so I may try the Reg fix before rerunning the update. If that fails, I will do the repair (the "in-place upgrade") as you suggested. Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-15T16:17:55+00:00

    Hi Pam,

    The REG fix is specific to the user who started this post. You may start a new thread (and post the link here) and upload your CBS logs.

    Thanks for the quick response.  I'm newer to this (the question I asked you was my first time participating in the forum), so please forgive my questions.  I've found the CBS file, but how do start a new thread?  Is it sufficient to use the "I have the same question", or should I "Ask a new question"? Also, I copied the CBS file to my OneDrive. Should I share it and post that link? Thanks again!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments