A repair installation, also known as an "in-place upgrade", retains your apps, data, and settings.
- Download the Windows 11 ISO
- Double-click the ISO to mount it to a drive letter.
- Run Setup.exe and complete the repair process.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
It actually happened sinced the KB5021255, never manage to make it success. And now, it continue to happened on the KB5022303. It downloading just fine until 100%, but always get the error when installing right before it's done.
That last think I try was to use the standalone package from https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5022303 but it also failed when installing.
Attached in this link is the CBS Logs https://www.dropbox.com/s/i78lelrw3se9acc/CbsPersist_20230111021211.zip?dl=0
Please help, I'm worried since its a critical update regarding security.
Thanks.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
A repair installation, also known as an "in-place upgrade", retains your apps, data, and settings.
I am also having this issue, but with Windows 10 (Computer has no TPM, so no Windows 11), I've tried all my normal troubleshooting steps for the past few months and have had no luck.
What usually works that I've tried (which obviously hasn't worked)
Currently I am unable to update to KB5022282 or 22H2. I am on Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1348)
I've been unable to update since the 2022-04 update (KB4023057), which is also sitting there whenever I check for updates
I also have a problem which may be related, when running Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth (or any DISM for that matter), I get an error message:
0x800f081f
It usually goes seemingly well until 62.3% and gets stuck there, similar to repairing from wim etc
And "Turn Windows features on or off" is blank.
I wonder if it's something to do with KB5008212 judging by my CBS.log file - Tried repairing it from the KB download from the update catalogue from Microsoft, but it says it was already fully installed, then I tried uninstalling it with wusa /uninstall /kb:5008212, but it says it's not installed, and then, when I try to install it from the update catalogue, it says it is installed, and then that it's not installed when I try to uninstall it (etc, etc)
Hi,
May I know the exact error you received when downloading the ISO?
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
I ran "Troubleshoot Windows Update" and that corrected the install issue. The troubleshooting process ran for a long time so I let it run overnight. In the morning I saw that the troubleshooting process was finished and the Windiws Update had installed itself.