2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5022303) Install error - 0x80070002

Anonymous
2023-01-11T03:57:58+00:00

It actually happened sinced the KB5021255, never manage to make it success. And now, it continue to happened on the KB5022303. It downloading just fine until 100%, but always get the error when installing right before it's done.

That last think I try was to use the standalone package from https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5022303 but it also failed when installing.

Attached in this link is the CBS Logs https://www.dropbox.com/s/i78lelrw3se9acc/CbsPersist_20230111021211.zip?dl=0

Please help, I'm worried since its a critical update regarding security.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2023-01-11T04:31:57+00:00

A repair installation, also known as an "in-place upgrade", retains your apps, data, and settings.

  • Download the Windows 11 ISO
  • Double-click the ISO to mount it to a drive letter.
  • Run Setup.exe and complete the repair process.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-20T15:04:50+00:00

    My brother's Asus Expertbook B1400 Laptop got this update... the update was installed and asked for a reboot and the laptop showed BSOD and couldn't start. Restoring the windows to the previous version solved the problem. I told him to pause the update for now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-20T04:56:38+00:00

    Seems that this is a big issue as I have the same problem and nothing is really working to fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-20T00:31:51+00:00

    Same problem how to update it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-17T14:34:15+00:00

    My computer is fully functional without this update. Been working fine. It's a security update and we don't know what security update it refers to at least I don't. I'm not going to dig into that. MS has 1000's of smart folks getting paid more than I make on my Social Security and retirement to fix these issues. I paid for the program they designed I pay to use their program. Then they want me to figure out a work around for a security update for the program they designed. I think not. Do the job right or get fired. Thats the way it use to be but not anymore.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments