2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5022303) Install error - 0x80070002

Anonymous
2023-01-11T03:57:58+00:00

It actually happened sinced the KB5021255, never manage to make it success. And now, it continue to happened on the KB5022303. It downloading just fine until 100%, but always get the error when installing right before it's done.

That last think I try was to use the standalone package from https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5022303 but it also failed when installing.

Attached in this link is the CBS Logs https://www.dropbox.com/s/i78lelrw3se9acc/CbsPersist_20230111021211.zip?dl=0

Please help, I'm worried since its a critical update regarding security.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2023-01-11T04:31:57+00:00

A repair installation, also known as an "in-place upgrade", retains your apps, data, and settings.

  • Download the Windows 11 ISO
  • Double-click the ISO to mount it to a drive letter.
  • Run Setup.exe and complete the repair process.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-20T20:17:11+00:00

    did not work. Now the update will not download.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-20T18:28:42+00:00

    Yes it did that to me as well but before it was running fine. So I did not think the computer was the problem. Seemed logical to me and easiest to uninstall the latest updates which i did. After that it started right up no issues. Then it asked me to update. I was smarter this time and postponed the update for 30 days. No a single problem so far.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-20T16:42:55+00:00

    Come to the conclusion it was my processor, I had to completely replace it. (I’m running the i9 24 core) This update wasn’t allowing me to use my computer. I replaced every single part and the processor was the last I thought it would be!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-20T15:51:46+00:00

    not just him I tried it 3 times before I got a flat spot on my forehead!

    MS I too postponed it for a month and when Feb 15th comes will postpone again.

    MS has to know this is an issue, they have the smart folks to fix it. So whats the problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments