A repair installation, also known as an "in-place upgrade", retains your apps, data, and settings.
- Download the Windows 11 ISO
- Double-click the ISO to mount it to a drive letter.
- Run Setup.exe and complete the repair process.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
It actually happened sinced the KB5021255, never manage to make it success. And now, it continue to happened on the KB5022303. It downloading just fine until 100%, but always get the error when installing right before it's done.
That last think I try was to use the standalone package from https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5022303 but it also failed when installing.
Attached in this link is the CBS Logs https://www.dropbox.com/s/i78lelrw3se9acc/CbsPersist_20230111021211.zip?dl=0
Please help, I'm worried since its a critical update regarding security.
Thanks.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
A repair installation, also known as an "in-place upgrade", retains your apps, data, and settings.
Hi,
1 - I followed the instructions and downloaded the ISO, double clicked on the image, and ran the re-install / repair. There were no issues or errors during the installation / repair process.
2 - clicked 'check for updates' clicked on 'download and install the updates'.
3 - the download finished and immediately looped back to the initial stage of 'download and install the updates'. There were no errors or messages.
4 - so I download the 2022-12 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for x64 (KB5020880) manually and ran the update manually.
5 - I received a warning message - update already installed
I'm open for ideas. What do you think?
What do you mean by " mount it to a drive letter", I don't understand.
What didn't work? If the setup didn't go through, what was the error message?
Why download it? It doesn't work anyway unless you do some wizardry. I myself am not a wizard. As I stated before my computer runs fine without it. I postponed it for 30 days.