A repair installation, also known as an "in-place upgrade", retains your apps, data, and settings.
- Download the Windows 11 ISO
- Double-click the ISO to mount it to a drive letter.
- Run Setup.exe and complete the repair process.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
It actually happened sinced the KB5021255, never manage to make it success. And now, it continue to happened on the KB5022303. It downloading just fine until 100%, but always get the error when installing right before it's done.
That last think I try was to use the standalone package from https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5022303 but it also failed when installing.
Attached in this link is the CBS Logs https://www.dropbox.com/s/i78lelrw3se9acc/CbsPersist_20230111021211.zip?dl=0
Please help, I'm worried since its a critical update regarding security.
Thanks.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
A repair installation, also known as an "in-place upgrade", retains your apps, data, and settings.
Ok, let's know how it goes.
If the update doesn't disappear. try this from admin Command Prompt:
| net stop bits |
|---|
| net stop wuauserv |
| ren %systemroot%\softwaredistribution softwaredistribution.bak |
| ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak |
| net start bits |
| net start wuauserv |
It does show Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22621.1105]
I try a reboot before posting the previous reply, still there.
I think I will wait for a couple of reboot and normal usage. Maybe then, it will be go away.
Thanks for the help, really appreciate it. :)
I think the Windows Update notification about KB5022303 will go away after a reboot or so. Or you may try resetting Windows Update components manually. If Winver reports 22621.1105, your system is fully patched.
The REG Fix was not working, the problem still exists, and finally I try installing using the ISO. there's no repair instalation anywhere on the setup so I just follow the wizards to install anyway while choosing to preserve my app & data.
And after a long wait it's done, but the strange thing is, in the windows update setting, it shows like this
But whenever I try to Download & Install, it just stop and never got through even the downloading step.
So in my curiosity, I try the standalone update, but it gives message like this
Any thought?