A repair installation, also known as an "in-place upgrade", retains your apps, data, and settings.
- Download the Windows 11 ISO
- Double-click the ISO to mount it to a drive letter.
- Run Setup.exe and complete the repair process.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
It actually happened sinced the KB5021255, never manage to make it success. And now, it continue to happened on the KB5022303. It downloading just fine until 100%, but always get the error when installing right before it's done.
That last think I try was to use the standalone package from https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5022303 but it also failed when installing.
Attached in this link is the CBS Logs https://www.dropbox.com/s/i78lelrw3se9acc/CbsPersist_20230111021211.zip?dl=0
Please help, I'm worried since its a critical update regarding security.
Thanks.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
A repair installation, also known as an "in-place upgrade", retains your apps, data, and settings.
My computer is fully functional without this update. Been working fine. It's a security update and we don't know what security update it refers to at least I don't. I'm not going to dig into that. MS has 1000's of smart folks getting paid more than I make on my Social Security and retirement to fix these issues. I paid for the program they designed I pay to use their program. Then they want me to figure out a work around for a security update for the program they designed. I think not. Do the job right or get fired. Thats the way it use to be but not anymore.
Actually what would correct the issue would be you clowns putting out a proper patch. If you buy a car and the brakes go bad five days later, does the dealer tell you "here's how YOU can fix the brakes."? Let me help; no, no they do not.
Exactly! Bang on and very well put!
Pls try this REG fix. And then run the cumulative update.
If the update fails, then do the repair.
Hi, Ramesh. I'm having this same problem and am going to try your suggestions for Kyogoku. I was going to begin with your suggested REG fix but the link brings me to a OneDrive error message: "This item might not exist or is no longer available". Can you remedy that so I may try the Reg fix before rerunning the update. If that fails, I will do the repair (the "in-place upgrade") as you suggested. Thank you!
The REG Fix was not working, the problem still exists, and finally I try installing using the ISO. there's no repair instalation anywhere on the setup so I just follow the wizards to install anyway while choosing to preserve my app & data.
And after a long wait it's done, but the strange thing is, in the windows update setting, it shows like this
But whenever I try to Download & Install, it just stop and never got through even the downloading step.
So in my curiosity, I try the standalone update, but it gives message like this
Any thought?