2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5022303) Install error - 0x80070002

Anonymous
2023-01-11T03:57:58+00:00

It actually happened sinced the KB5021255, never manage to make it success. And now, it continue to happened on the KB5022303. It downloading just fine until 100%, but always get the error when installing right before it's done.

That last think I try was to use the standalone package from https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5022303 but it also failed when installing.

Attached in this link is the CBS Logs https://www.dropbox.com/s/i78lelrw3se9acc/CbsPersist_20230111021211.zip?dl=0

Please help, I'm worried since its a critical update regarding security.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2023-01-11T04:31:57+00:00

A repair installation, also known as an "in-place upgrade", retains your apps, data, and settings.

  • Download the Windows 11 ISO
  • Double-click the ISO to mount it to a drive letter.
  • Run Setup.exe and complete the repair process.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-22T03:28:08+00:00

    thank you - after I applied the following security patch, the next update installed within seconds

    2022-08 Security Update for Windows 11 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5012170)

    I ran the command and it's okay.

    thank you - looks like the security patch needed to be installed first.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-01-21T17:18:03+00:00

    Hi Steve,

    Windows Setup's dynamic update feature may have installed that update (and the LCU) automatically.

    You can run this command to verify if KB5020880 is installed on the computer.

    • wmic qfe

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-21T17:01:48+00:00

    Hi,

    1 - I followed the instructions and downloaded the ISO, double clicked on the image, and ran the re-install / repair. There were no issues or errors during the installation / repair process.

    2 - clicked 'check for updates' clicked on 'download and install the updates'.

    3 - the download finished and immediately looped back to the initial stage of 'download and install the updates'. There were no errors or messages.

    4 - so I download the 2022-12 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for x64 (KB5020880) manually and ran the update manually.

    5 - I received a warning message - update already installed

    I'm open for ideas. What do you think?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments