Windows 11 language bar "docked in the taskbar" greyed out

Anonymous
2023-01-15T05:35:27+00:00

Hi,

There are 3 options:

Floating On Desktop

Docked in the taskbar

Hidden

However, the docked option is greyed out. How can I get it docked in taskbar?

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-17T01:18:17+00:00

    To close the topic

    REMOVE DOCKED LANGUAGE FROM TASKBAR:

    • Go to "Advanced keyboard configuration settings"
    • Uncheck "Use the desktop language bar when it's available"
      Image
    • Check "Use the desktop language bar when it's available"
      Image

    CONFIGURE THE FLOATING LANGUAGE BAR OR REMOVE IT:

    • Click "Language bar options" => pop-up opens
    • Select tab "Language bar" and apply the desired configuration.
    • Few examples:
      • "Floating on the desktop option" radio button: Image
      • "Floating on the desktop option" radio button + "Show the Language bar as transparent when inactive" checkbox: Image
      • "Floating on the desktop option" radio button + "Show text labels on the Language bar" checkbox:
        Image
      • "Hidden" radio button (+ whatever checkbox) makes it disappear.

    Note: You'd better remove all key sequences to switch language to avoid being stucked with another keyboard layout suddenly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-14T15:54:10+00:00

    After trying all the other suggestions, ONLY THIS ONE WORKED. Thanks a lot!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-08T14:41:26+00:00

    The Kleber Silva solution works even if it makes no sense at all 😂; This is the best experiment that proves the indeterministic nature of the universe.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-25T14:04:09+00:00

    i solved this issue by going to setting's -> advanced keyboard settings ->and uncheck the use the desktop language bar when it is available

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-20T13:54:42+00:00

    It worked for me, but I have looked for it for 2 hours before I found this response. Ridiculous! How could the coders think to make this change so unfriendly and difficult?? If they listed that option, they should have made that option available to tick. Instead, we need to use a different option to make that setting available. How stupid is that? Totally NOT user friendly! It is like: I need to buy bread (and the loaf of bread is right in front of me on the shelf), but I can't just fetch it! I need to eliminate the bagels next to the loaves of bread, and then the loaf of bread will just appear in my basket. ****? Whyyyyy?? Gosh, just change the coding on this!!! Let me grab the loaf of bread! You showed it to me! I hope you see where I am going with this!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments