Windows 11 Update 22H2 Error After Installing

Anonymous
2022-12-16T07:45:38+00:00

Hi There,

My PC's version is Windows 11 21H2.

For a month or so every time I try to update to the new version -22H2- I successfully update and my computer restarts.

Here comes the problem, after about 2 minutes the computer suddenly shows the "your device ran into a problem...blah blah-to see the error code check the picture below-" and I have to shut down my PC.

Once I restart it again, the same problem happens again and I literally can't use my PC as it goes round and round in circles.

I every time restore my PC to the old version -21H2- and it becomes okay after that.

But I'd like a solution as I don't think it reasonable not to be able to update.

Would appreciate any help, Thanks!

Don't know if it will help:

I already checked other posts, and I have not installed the CPUZ application.

I was able to locate this temp file, but I'm not able to delete it:

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-01-27T11:43:21+00:00

Hey there everyone, just in case anyone has the same problem as I had then I hope this post will help them.

Okay so the way I solved this problem was by simply resetting my computer (remove everything) and once that was finished my computer was up and working again, just make sure that you save all your files etc.

This reply in the quote below by Ramesh Srinivasan worked for me as a temporary solution, but the problem was that when I re-enabled the third party services and tasks the problem re-occured (and I didn't know which one was the culprit), so basically that's why I reset my pc.

Thanks to everyone!


Ramesh Srinivasan

The event log tells that the last driver installation was done at 08:25:39 UTC time. So nothing has been installed in the last 5 hrs or so.

  • <Event xmlns="**http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event**">
  • <System> <Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" /><EventID Qualifiers="16384">7045</EventID><Version>0</Version><Level>4</Level><Task>0</Task><Opcode>0</Opcode><Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords><TimeCreated SystemTime="2023-01-20T08:25:39.2452376Z" /><EventRecordID>24353</EventRecordID><Correlation /><Execution ProcessID="1368" ThreadID="9444" /><Channel>System</Channel><Computer>MIR_PC</Computer><Security UserID="S-1-5-21-329695934-4175040297-455591349-1001" /></System>
  • <EventData> <Data Name="ServiceName">cpuz150</Data><Data Name="ImagePath">C:\WINDOWS\temp\cpuz150\cpuz150_x64.sys</Data><Data Name="ServiceType">kernel mode driver</Data><Data Name="StartType">demand start</Data><Data Name="AccountName" /></EventData> </Event>

This SID is responsible for S-1-5-21-329695934-4175040297-455591349-1001 creating the service.

Check if this is your SID by running "whoami /user"

Disable all third-party services using MSCONFIG.

Image

Run this command to delete the CPU ID service.

SC.EXE DELETE CPUZ50

In Autoruns, disable all 3rd party scheduled tasks:

Image

Restart Windows.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ramesh Srinivasan
Microsoft MVP (2003 to 2012), Windows Client.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

53 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-20T17:53:40+00:00

    Thanks for your help and time
    I guess I will just reset my PC, its took too much of my time :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-01-20T16:29:52+00:00

    Pls visit this forum and get the system checked thoroughly for malware, in case we missed anything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-20T16:18:59+00:00

    Thanks so much and I am sorry for bothering you,

    But I don't know, I updated (after enabling all the services and from autorun). The cpuz file came back and I got the same blue screen error

    When I reverted and removed the update, the cpuz150 file isn't there?!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments